Chapter 13: A Little Wine Can Go A Long Way

Not edited and probably very bad but it's an update for once! I'm starting to get back into the hang of things and I'm looking forward to the next chapter! I hope you are too :) And this is dedicated to Cassandra who has been waiting for an update since I last updated, which was... ages ago. So please do enjoy and don't forget to vote.

A Little Wine Can Go A Long Way

  I had been in my room for over a week now. I hadn’t left it once and looking at the huge mountain of tissues next to my bed I should probably think about doing something.

  After I had seen my aunt I didn’t know what to do. So how was I supposed to lead an entire court if I couldn’t even handle seeing a long lost aunt that was dying? My answer to that was to shut everything and everyone out.

  Dalsa, Relania and Abigail looked after me and didn’t press matters. Abigail was starting to get on my nerves though; she asked too many questions that pried into places I didn’t want to open right now. Especially ones involving my old life back on Earth. To think I wasn’t even on Earth anymore!

  Desmond visited me every now and then. He got that I didn’t want to hear anything about royal affairs or anything to do with the war, so he taught me some of the old language and told me tales of real fairies. He spun stories of heroes saving worlds and made light chit chat with me. He also told me all about Reigner since she couldn’t visit me since she was getting back on track with her duties and trying to contact the Gold Leaf Army.

  Caterine was an entirely different story. She thought that constantly shoving royal affairs down my throat was going to make me ‘come to my senses’ faster than letting me lie in my bed. Yesterday it even got to the point where I passed out from her constant stern rambling that rattled my brain and upturned my unease even more.

  Desmond and Caterine had strong words exchanged after that when I came to. I couldn’t understand them but it wasn’t good, I knew that much.

  “Hey Ella, do you want to try some faery wine? Dessy smuggled it for me to give to you, he said ‘it will take the edge off’”. Dalsa grinned at me while sitting on the edge of the bed next to me.

  Relania was standing guard at the door because she said ‘smuggled’ not ‘was given’. Lately Abigail hadn’t been coming in with the other two, but by herself running simple, plain errands. Relania and Dalsa took the most care of me and turned out to be great gossip buddies. I’ve never had proper friends before, if you don’t count all of the elderly folks.

  “So this wine, what’s it like?” I asked, my voice wasn’t very strong but it wasn’t entirely weak either.

  She shrugged. “I have no clue, wanna try it?” She wasn’t supposed to use informal language but hanging around with me rubs off on people, I even caught Caterine use a slang word once.

  I shrugged. If Desmond said it would ‘take the edge off’, then surely it wouldn’t be that bad.

  I took the bottle from Dalsa, took the top off and took a huge gulp.

  Half an hour later and all three of us were surrounded by dresses, wearing absurd clothing from the Victorian ages and giggling so hard that our sides ached. But we couldn’t stop; we were having too much fun! Who knew a little Faery wine could make you feel like you were on cloud nine!

  “I know what we should do!” Relania exclaimed.

  “What!?” Dalsa and I squealed at the same time.