Chapter 11: Royal Advisors...Are Annoying!

Taadaa! A nice new chapter after a really long time. So this is a humour filled chapter because I was like "Hmm let's be slightly stupid and add more stuff to the story line!" Yeah I wasn't thinking straight so this chapter is probably going to make you think "WTF!?" a few times. But it's a chapter and when I get the next one out that one should be more serious. Anyway enjoy this weird as hell chapter!

Royal Advisors... Are Annoying!

  Through the throng of leaves and vines came into view a massive castle. It was silver and gleamed in the sunlight. The towers reached for the sky and seemed to look almost as if made of glass. There were gardens full of flowers and people chatting away around the castle. Melaine bowed quickly before she turned and walked back into the forest.

  “She doesn’t want to make a scene.” Reinger whispered in my ear. “We don’t want to make a scene either so we’re going the back way.” She grinned mischievously and I had no choice but to follow her.

  We ducked behind a huge row of hedges right near the forest and scurried along until we were near the back of the castle. It was quite a long way and it did nothing to stop my feet from silently cussing at me non-stop.

  Reigner quickly checked to see if the coast was clear then we sprinted to the back door. The door was huge for a back door. We slipped inside and my breath was instantly taken away.

  We were in a huge room with the roof high above us. A chandelier holding sparkling diamonds and flickering candles hung down right in the centre. On the walls were massive murals of faery parties. All of the faeries were dressed in magnificent, glowing gowns and impressive, sparkling suits.

  “Those are only a few of the celebrations the Light has had over the years. We have had many.” Reigner told me, stepping up beside me.

  I had not noticed that I had moved to the middle of the room and was standing on a marble floor that sparkled with gold flecks.

  Reigner noticed me staring at the gold flecks in the floor. “That is faery dust. We use it as decorations; the dust on the floor is also there to tell the guards whether there are Dark Court faeries sneaking in. Which reminds me, we should go. The guards have no idea who you are and I’ve been missing for quite a while. So run that way.” She laughed nervously, trying to hide something and pointed to an opening I didn’t notice before.

  Reigner pushed me and we went off sprinting. Sooner or later we were going to get caught by somebody though, but Reigner was up to something so I wasn’t going to point it out.

  I heard more footsteps nearby and the elf next to me pushed me faster with urgency. Then all of a sudden I was yanked behind some curtains and a hand went over my mouth.

  It was Reigner so I relaxed visibly but what was she doing?

  “What is going on!?” A feminine voice shouted.

  “We don’t know Ma’am.” A male voice replied.

  “You two are guards specifically chosen for the job of protecting the queen and you don’t know?!” The feminine voice held authority and she sounded a lot older than me. She probably was if she was a faery but if I took a guess, she has probably been around longer than Reigner or even Rodan!

  “We are sorry Ma’am. But the intruders know this castle. Maybe we know them?” Another male voice said. There were at least two men who were addressed as guards so it’s probably a good idea to stick with Reigner.

  “Oh and you think they’ll just show themselves to us and say ‘hello’ and we’ll all be on good terms!? Think!” A crack sounded throughout the room. I think she slapped him.