Chapter 15: Dark Indulgence

Dark Indulgence

  I slowly woke up and blinked up at the ceiling, it was a burgundy colour. Slowly, my eyes shifted to the scenery around me. I was on a double bed with a blood red bedspread and it had burgundy drapes. Around me the walls were a dark shade of red with every piece of furniture a black wood.

  I wasn’t in the Light Court where I should be. It was too dark for that, even the dungeons weren’t as dark as this!

  Candles were lit on candelabras placed around the room and there was a black dress laid out on a chair next to the bed.

  I eyed it as I slowly got out of the bed. My feet were bare, my dress and pants I hid underneath were ripped and my crown was missing. Caterine had insisted I wear it and now it’s missing, so in her face!

  I sighed as I saw how terrible I looked in a mirror. My hair was sticking out all over the place; my face was pale which was probably from it almost being frozen off. My outfit was practically rags; I guess I was getting into that dress after all.

  I stripped quickly and threw the dress over my head. It was a pitch black corset style dress you saw Victorians wear, sleeveless and reached my toes. It also hugged every curve to the point where it probably left nothing to the imagination to the male species.

  I scowled at it before I spotted a hairbrush. I pounced on it and madly brushed my hair with it.

  Then the door burst open and in walked a handsome fairy. He was tall, muscled and had god like features. Bloody fairies look perfect. His eyes were black coals and his hair matched them along with his dark clothing. If I didn’t know any better I’d say he was Dark Court.

  He flicked his perfectly messy hair and leaned on the doorframe as if he owned the place. Definite arrogance in place, throw in the fact he was eye raping me in the stupid dress and he was definitely Dark Court.

  “Hello Princess, welcome to the Dark Court.” He grinned at me with perfectly straight teeth.

  “Oh I’m well aware of where I am thank you, but do you think you can find me a less revealing dress?” I replied back, reverting to my old human ways. If I want to survive in the Dark Court I’ve got to be just like them: so arrogant you would want to smash my teeth in.

  “No can do love, it suits you perfectly.” He had a trademark smirk. How wonderful, don’t you agree?

  “Thank you but I prefer something a little less... Showy.”

  “How come my dear? Afraid you can’t pull it off?”

  “Oh I know I can, but I’m not in the mood to be raped.” I turned back to brushing my hair as I watched him come closer out of the corner of my eye.

  “You don’t know who I am do you?” He stood in front of me but I paid him no mind.

  “If you’re an arrogant buffoon of a man who calls himself Dark then yes, I know exactly who you are.”

  “Now, now, that was offensive.”

  “Good, now shove off I don’t want you infecting me with your arrogance.”

  “Oh dear, sounds like I already have.”

  “Well then what are you still doing here?”

  He glared at me as I scowled back.

  “I wouldn’t tempt a Prince of the Dark Court Princess,” His features slowly darkened and shadows appeared in the room out of nowhere.

  Prince of the Dark Court? Oh shit. “You’re Altain aren’t you?”