Chapter 2: Principle, Principal

Principle, Principal

  I was ushered into a small room. It wasn’t that small really but with the three overstuffed chairs, the massive mahogany desk, the larger than large desk chair and bookcase it tends to look small.

  My principal, Mrs. Hayers, was sitting in that extremely large desk chair with her glasses sitting on her nose. She has light brown hair that was cut in a bob that came up just under her chin. She had freckles dusted on her cheeks and a kind smile. I didn’t like her one bit though. One minute alone with her and you’re about ready to commit suicide.

  She roughly stood up as the door shut with a bang behind me. Her black pin-striped suit does not compliment her one bit. Her heels clicked on the hard wood floor as she walked around her desk.

  She stopped in front of me. You would think her taller but really she is smaller than me. I reach a total of 5’7” so in other words I tower over other girls that are usually 5’5”. My principle is only 5’4” but she still scares me.

  “Miss Thorn, please take a seat.” Her voice was stern. Some say she sounds like an angel from heaven above. I say she sounds like those sirens that scream out ‘Come to me so I can drown you.’

  I stiffly walked around her and slouched in one of the arm chairs. Her heels clicked again as she returned to her seat across from me.

  “You have been very naughty lately haven’t you?” You see? I told you I get treated like a five year old!

  “Whatever squeals your wheels.” I replied acting casual.

  “Miss Thorn. You have slit the wheels on Mr. Meres’ car, put ping pong balls in Mrs. Lyre’s cabinet, cheese in Mr. Donil’s shoe, a tack on Mr. Regan’s chair, blown up Mrs. Ragnar’s science lab and set fire to Harold Dugby’s trousers. You are in a lot of trouble.”

  I forgot to mention that I set fire to weasel’s trousers. He’s the class clown so I thought I would teach him a lesson or two.

  Mrs. Hayers was regarding me coldly. “Well, what do you have to say for yourself?”

  I shrugged. “I don’t like being treated like a kid. Plus they all deserved it.”

  She glared at me with hawk eyes.

  “Your punishment is like all of the other ones you have had. You will be cleaning the school-the entire school- over the weekend with Mrs. Keyes, the cleaner.”

  I nodded. I had been through this before when I ran around screaming about random things, or the time I punched the weasel.

  “Dismissed.”

  I did everything but run screaming down the hall to my room.

  I didn’t share a room with anybody, mainly because I have weird sleeping disabilities. I have nightmares often, probably the reason why my parents dumped me years ago. My room was on the east side of the school so I got the warm morning sunshine every morning.

  I opened the plain, boring wooden door to reveal nothing of what you expect of a boarding school girl. My room was a warm yellow so the room appeared brighter and warmer-not just in the mood but in the temperature too. I had crystals hanging from the roof and I had pictures covering nearly every piece of wall available. My favourite was a massive canvas painting situated above my bed. It was of a gorgeous purple and red rose close up.

  I have never let anyone in here, nor will I ever in the future. My bed spread is a simple patchwork style that my grandma gave me. She is the only family member I am in touch with, which is why I visit the old folk’s home down the road.

  I also have a big oak computer desk with a basic fast-working laptop. It’s not fancy but it works fast so there is nothing to complain about. Next to my desk is a big set of matching drawers. Sitting on top of them is a really loud stereo and a miniature television. My T.V works fine, not the best but I am not one to complain about my technology. My stereo may be loud but my room is sound proof- I made sure of that the first time I was given this room.

  I also have a basic wardrobe painted purple with all of me ‘good’ clothes in it. The side facing the east side towards the morning sun has one big window that stretches from one side to the other. A few crystals hang daintily from the curtain rail holding thick crimson red curtains. I suppose I should tell you that my floor is completely wooden with quilted rugs from the old folks thrown spontaneously.

  Anyway that’s all folks! Now back to reality.

  I turned my rock music on; blasting music throughout the entire room. I jumped on my bed and threw my jersey on the floor. I then jumped up and down dancing to my music in a black sleeveless top with a skull and cross bones on it and grey skinny jeans. I kicked my boots off and they clunked on the floor softly over the boom of the music. Next I pulled my knitted cap off.

  My deep dark brown hair flowed down in waves. My hair reaches my butt and I added deep red streaks to it. I have a fringe that obscures the left side of my face. At this school we aren’t allowed to have unnaturally coloured hair so you can see why I hide it in a cap. I usually pack a tantrum if they tell me to take it off so they leave me to it now.

  I danced around to the boom of the bass and my hair felt free. My emerald green eyes compliment my brown hair and gleam in the sunlight whenever they can.

  I have been mistaken for the Cheshire cat a few times and I took it as an offense. I hate the Cheshire cat. I punched the guy square in the nose which resulted in a full on fist fight which earned me one of many weekends cleaning the school with Mrs. Keyes.

  I kept on dancing until the faint glow of the sun was almost invisible. I yanked my curtains closed and got to work on my homework.

This is supposed to be a british story but I'm not really british so I can't really say that. I would get someone who is british to help me but my nana may not be able to help and the only other person I know that's british everyone wants to strangle because he is soooo annoying. Anyway that's just about the story... I will hopefully try and update at least once a week. :D So happy reading!

~*~*~Melissa~*~*~