Chapter Three

Tenshi's POV

The next morning I woke up with Rin by my side. Apparently sometime last night she curled up next to me and went to sleep. I looked down at her and smiled. I stroked her hair for a while before eventually getting up. I made my way out of the room and into the hallway. I looked back and forth down the hallway, but I had no idea which way to go. Argh, I don't wanna get lost! What am I supposed to do?

My predicament was solved when the smell of Bacon cooking hit my nose. I followed the smell, making a mental map as I went. I ended up in the Kitchen door frame, looking into the room. I spotted Kagome kneeling next to the fire where the bacon was currently cooking. "Morning." I said to get her attention. Before I said that though I noticed Inuyasha's strong scent coming down the hall towards us.

I must have been quieter than I thought because she jumped three feet in the air. Her head whipped in my direction only to relax when she was who it was. "Tenshi, you shouldn't sneak up on people like that!" She scolded as if she were my mother.

Inuyasha showed up just in time to hear her scold me. He stopped next to me in the door frame and said, "Kagome you shouldn't scold her like that. She just found out she was a daemon yesterday, which means she must get used to the little changes. That includes the fact that she now makes next to no noise, and absolutely none if she tries. Oh, and by the way, Good morning sis." He went to go sit at the table after that.

He defended me......and against his own wife?!? I shook off my thoughts before saying, "Morning Bro. Oh, and Kagome, don't worry about it. In a way you were right. It's rude to startle people, even if it was by accident." I took a seat next to Inuyasha as Kagome tried to recover from the shock of both mine and Inuyasha's words.

It went to a little comfortable silence thing, but I hate silence under any circumstance, so I tried to start a conversation. "Soooo Inuyasha, what other kinds of changes were you talking about?"

He just laughed before saying, "We'll get to that later when we train."

"Train!?!?"

"Yeah I figured we could find out your powers, how strong you are, you know those kind of things." He said, watching Kagome put together 4 plates before getting Kit out of the room across the hallway.

"I'm going to go get Rin." Kagome announced.

"No, that's okay, I'll go get her." I said standing up and walking out of the kitchen. I walked down he halls, following the metal map I had created. Once I retch the bedroom, I peered inside to see little bitty Rin still asleep. I walked in and crouched next to her, I shook her a little, waking her up. When she opened her eyes I said, "Rin, come on. Kagome is already done cooking breakfast."

She shook her head in acknowledgment but I could see she was too tired to care. I scooped her up into my arms quickly making her gasp. She was wide awake now! She yelled/asked, "What are you doing!?!"

"Taking you to breakfast, you looked like you could use a ride." I explained.

"Oh, well....thanks." She said smiling brightly at me at the end. She leaned into me and got comfortable.

"Hey Rin? How old are you?" I asked.

"9 years old, I'll be 10 in a few months though." She said almost dream like. I could see the bright smile on her face.

"Why are you so happy about it? I mean there seems to be something else causing that huge smile." I said trying to poke her but failing because I was still carrying her.

"Lord Sesshomaru always comes to visit me on my birthday! I mean sometimes he comes half way through the year but he's always here when I wake up in the morning. He wakes me up and spends the whole day with me every year!"