Chapter Eleven

Tenshi's POV

After walking in silence for the rest of the day, we finally set up camp. I got the fire going and everyone, besides Sesshomaru, sat around it talking. It started getting chilly and I got out my jackets quickly, giving one to Rin. Even with the jackets Rin and I were still shaking.

Rin crawled over to Jaken and Ah-un and curled up with the backpack quickly. She stopped shaking quickly, obviously warmer. She asked, "Tenshi? Why don't you come over here with us?"

"Rin, baby, that's sweet of you to ask but there's no room for me. Besides I'm fine." I lied easily enough.

I heard a sigh from behind me and he said, "You really should stop lying. Especially when it's in your favor to tell the truth."

"Lord Sesshomaru. You are still here." Rin said, stating the obvious.

I lied, "I wasn't lying."

"Well, then I guess I'll just leave..." He trailed off, walking away.

I said, "Wait! Okay, I was lying now please come back and warm me up." Jaken and Rin both looked between us confused. Sesshomaru shook his head slightly and walked back to me. He sat down and pulled me into his lap quickly, his warmth enveloping me and making me feel safe. I rested my head on his chest and let out a sigh. I asked, "Why can't I be this warm?"

No one said anything for a while before Rin yawned. Sesshomaru said, "Rin you should get some rest."

She nodded tiredly and curled up next to Jaken and Ah-uh. I sat in silence, watching the fire flicker and crack. I heard Rin's breathing even out before I asked, "What are we going to do about those women? The ones that want Rin?"

He shook his head, seemingly having no idea what to do. He said, "You should get some sleep too. Don't want a repeat of today do we?"

I said, "I didn't mind being carried and I thought you didn't mind how quiet Rin and Jaken were being?"

"I don't I just want you to be ready for a fight if it comes to that and not sleeping away peacefully on my back." he said. I could hear the slight annoyance in his voice but that was just trying to cover up the worry that also made an appearance.

I sighed and let myself relax fully into him. My hands laid limply in my lap while my head laid against his chest. I could feel every breath he took and I could hear every beat of his heart, it was comforting. I said sleepily, "At least if I was on your back than I know I wouldn't get hurt. That's more than I can say when I'm by myself. "

"Believe me, I know." he said. I thought of a sharp reply quickly but the fire he had just ignited died with his next words, "Do you have any idea how much of a distraction worrying about someone is in a fight?"

I smiled slightly and yawned before saying, "I worry about Rin in every single fight, even the ones when she isn't around."

"Why?"

"Because I'm worried what would happen to her when she found out that I wasn't coming back. I worry about how she would react, but most of all I'm worried about the pain it would cause her and what that pain may cause her to do." I explained quietly. "It makes me more careful and I plan more. For most it would slow them down and make them not want to fight. For me, it helps."

He seemed confused but he just said, "You should sleep."

I closed my eyes slowly and let myself fall into the peaceful world that is sleep.

Morning

I woke up on still on someone's lap. I lifted my head off Sesshomaru's chest and looked around towards the forests across from us. I stood up quickly and carefully. I could sense it, something was wrong. Something was coming, something bad.