iv. WATCH A MOVIE.

BEING BACK in Hawkins wasn't so bad. In fact, it was nice to be in the gymnasium of Icarus' old high school, a nostalgic feeling as he and Chris go to find their seats, waving at Robin enthusiastically on their way. It felt okay. It felt fine. And normal. The preparation before the game with the band playing their instruments and the cheer squad performing was all so much on him at once.

And the cherry on top of the fucking milkshake? Steve and some girl making their way up the stairs towards where he and Chris are. He pretends he doesn't notice, looking towards Chris who is smiling and watching the entire gymnasium excitedly. Icarus feels his heart warm at the sight of the other's happiness, smiling faintly at Chris.

Then there it was. That feminine voice from beside him. "Icarus Blood?!" She practically screeched and he tensed, slowly turning his head towards the girl. "Hey..." He trailed off. "Brenda." She says, her smile faltering and he nods, glancing at Steve. "Nice to see you two here..." He said a bit awkwardly as Steve kept avoiding making eye contact.

"Hey," Chris said now, leaning forward and nodding to them. Steve just glanced at him then glanced away, barely acknowledging him. "Hey Chris." Brenda smiled, all toothy and twirling a blonde curl around her finger. Ever since the passing of Billy, a lot of girls have given a lot of attention towards Chris. It was not really a hidden secret or a big deal.

He just wasn't interested at all. He liked women, for sure. But Icarus has been on his mind ever since their kiss the day the Blood family moved away. "Hey Linda." He simply said then turned his attention back to the court where the Hawkins Tiger team now run out onto the court, one after the other as Icarus tried to hold in his laugh with pursed lips.

"It's Brenda."

Icarus wasn't at all interested, he mostly watched Chris until they announced a girl named Tammy Thompson. Icarus' eyes light up and he instantly looked over to see Steve who had a wide smile on his face before they both looked over at Robin who's eyes were wide and staring at the ball court. As the girl started singing, she glanced over and sure enough Icarus was giggling and Steve was raising his brows. "I told you. Muppet." He mouths and Icarus leans to Chris, giggling even more with his hand covering his mouth so he can try his best to muffle his laughter.

In those three months before Icarus moved away, Robin, Steve and Icarus use to have sleepovers. Like a lot. Ones where Steve would wake up, screaming and panting. Or Icarus would. Or Robin would. Some nights it was all three of them, or just two of them. The good nights was when it was none of them. And some nights they'd stay up together.

And one night Steve brought up Tammy Thompson and the way she sounds when she sings, hence why she's a "total dud" like he had told their friend which Robin was quick to defend because Tammy has dreams and Icarus mocked the "singer" as well. The memory of that sleepover makes Icarus' giggle fest lessen as he smiles softly now.

"What's so funny?" Chris leans closer and he glanced up. "Hmm? Oh, nothing." He said then glanced at Robin and Steve, seeing the girl was making the girl next to her laugh and the Harrington is watching them with a small smile. He glanced away, back at Chris. "Is it about Tammy?" The younger whispered with a wide grin and Icarus smirks, nodding. "Sort of." He whispered quietly back.

"She sounds like a muppet giving birth." He says and Icarus forcefully chuckled because as funny and true it was, Steve had said the same thing. When the game was over and Lucas scored their winning goal, Icarus was relieved. It was finally over. And when everyone was piling out of the gym, "be right back." He said quickly to Chris, then rushed ahead. "Hey! Hey! Hey, Sinclair!" He shouted and Lucas stopped to turn to him with a wide eyed gaze.

"Icarus!" He smiled widely and Icarus hugs him quickly, smiling widely. "You've grown since the last time I saw you." He said and Lucas retracted from their hug. "And you look... different." Lucas chuckled and Icarus frowns. "Good or bad different?" He asked, lighting nudging the Sinclair's arm. "Good different! It's like New York upgraded you to an even more badass version of you." The younger is grinning and Icarus just chuckled.

"Thanks, kid. Hey, you did good tonight. I'll see you around?" He began backing away and Lucas just nodded, waving. "Bye!" He says and when Icarus reached Chris, there was a long haired man with him. Clad in rings, some tight black ripped jeans, a leather jacket with a denim vest over it that Icarus could make out the word DIO on the back, and wavy dark brown hair reaching past his shoulders.

It was like Icarus back in sophomore year. "Hey, who was that?" He asked when he reached Chris. By now, the mystery guy had disappeared off into some van not far off, hair bouncing as he walked, sort of waddling side to side. "He walks weird." He said and Chris just looks at him, smirking. "What? Jealous?" He asked and the older looked back at him.

"You wish." Icarus shoved his face away then laughed. "What do we do now?" He's smiling coyly at him and Chris just smirked at him. "Anything you wanna do." He gestured to the car and Icarus rolls his eyes. "Do you mind, uh, if we just stay in... and watch a movie or something?" He asked him.

"Yeah, sure. I think Max would love that... she's been a bit down in the dumps lately. Especially since her and Lucas' dump." The Mayfield replied as they now hop into the vehicle and Icarus nods softly, frowning. "What movies do you guys have?" He asked and Chris shrugs. "Max will most likely wanna settle on whatever's on." He glanced over and Icarus nods, smiling faintly. "Do you guys have popcorn?" He then asked and Chris shrugs.

"I'm pretty sure. Yeah." He nods and Icarus nods, smiling faintly. "Can't wait." He says. The movie decided upon was whatever was playing, and a bowl of popcorn is on Chris' lap as he sat between Max and Icarus. Clearly the girl had done some cleaning as the livingroom no longer had random trash laying around, no beer cans or anything, not even their passed out mother, she had carried her all the way to her room despite being scared of waking her up and her being an angry drunk.

It was for Icarus. And also a bit for Chris. And now they got to enjoy their movie in silence and tranquility. No one had spoken since the two older teens had gotten there and Max was honestly more of the type to sit and quietly observe movies rather than talk the entire time. It worked with Chris and Icarus because they don't talk during movies either.

But then something weird happened. The tv start malfunctioning making Max groan and get up. "Come on." She adjusted the two antennas on top of it. Then the lights started flickering and just like that, Icarus felt scared and hopeless, clutching onto Chris' hand right away. The memories of that night not so long ago where he, Nancy and Jonathan went up against a Demogorgon came back.

"It's okay..." Chris grabs his hand over his gently. "It's probably just the electricity acting up again." He tells him while comfortingly rubbing the back of Icarus' hand. Then he heard the scream, so he got up and went over to the window where Max now stood, looking out as the metal head from earlier ran out to his van, hurriedly rushing into the driver side.

Max looks at Icarus worriedly as the Blood watched the vehicle drive off in a frantic manner. "That was weird..." He says quietly and Max glanced out the window again. "We should... uh, head to bed now." Chris stood up and Icarus glanced over, nodding.

"Yeah, just gonna call my mom really quick." He says and Chris nods, pressing a small kiss to Icarus' cheek. "Goodnight Max." He says, heading to his bedroom as Max slowly turned to Icarus who just smiled. "Goodnight, kid." He simply says, walking over to the phone hung up onto the wall as she giggles but says it back on her way to her bedroom.

authors note sometimes i'm like aww max <3 then i'm like aww max :(
same thing with eddie tbh 😭

+ i'll try my best to update at 9 everyday like i did with my other fics before this