xxii. GOODBYE

THREE MONTHS later since everything that happened and the Blood family has packed everything up already. "We'll be so much closer to Riley." Mary said happily as Matthew put the last box into the U-Haul truck. "Yeah.." He said.

"Yeah.." Icarus said sadly before looking at Chris. "Man.. it's gonna suck. Senior year without you.." He said as he turns to face him. "Yeah.." Icarus says and sighed. "But who knows, it's probably best for me.." He said as he looked down.

Chris nods. "You'll be safer.." He says then he suddenly wrapped his arms around Icarus. "Come with me.." Chris suddenly said, taking Icarus' hand into his and leading him inside the house. In the living room, Chris looked all around before turning back to Icarus. "What's up?" Icarus said with a small smile, kind of confused.

Chris leaned in suddenly and kissed Icarus, cupping Icarus' face in his hands. The kiss lasted for a few seconds before pulling back, "I always wanted to kiss you.. and, uh.. I wanted you to be the first guy I ever kissed.." He said in a soft tone.

Icarus gulps. "Oh.." He says and Chris smiled, his hands still holding Icarus' face. "Bye Rus.." He says and Icarus just smiled back slightly. "Goodbye, Christopher.." He says and then Chris pulled his hands away slowly before leaving the house. Icarus sighed, looking around the room.

He walks all around the house, taking two minutes in each room, thinking of all of the memories and then the last room was his bedroom. He stood there and smiled, thinking of all the times with Steve in here. He turns around when he heard someone. Two people. He smiled when Robin and Steve walk in. "Hey doofuses.." He greets them.

"Hey.." Steve said, staring at Icarus like he always does. "Hi." Robin smiled. She walked over first and pulled Icarus into a tight hug. "Even if we knew each other in a short time and.. I didn't get to be your friend back in high school, I'm still gonna miss you a whole lot. You were my favourite out of both of you." She pulled back from him.

He smiles. "I'm gonna miss you too, Robin." He says and she sighs. "I'll be outside, waiting." She tells Steve who nodded to her before she left the room, waving at Icarus one more time. "You two getting jobs anywhere else?" Icarus asked with a smile and Steve just nods, walking around the room.

"The video store.." Steve says and Icarus nods, smiling. "Cool.." He whispers and Steve turns to him. "I love you.." He says and Icarus smiles. "I love you too.." He says and Steve sighs.

"So why can't you stay?" He asked right away and Icarus looks down. "It's not that easy.." He shook his head and then sighed, looking back up. "I don't feel safe here.. Barbara died, Will went missing, El also went missing, and then the next year, Bob died at the lab, we could've died, this year, I could've died again, Billy died, Hopper died, El's powers are gone.. I-I can't keep up with all of it, it's too much. I still have horrible dreams about the Demorgon or a-about the Demo-dogs and lately, it's been Billy.." He said and Steve gave a confused look.

"I might not have been close to him, I might not have been his friend and he was a total asshole, no disrespect to him.. but he was still a person, Max and Chris both cried over him.. I saw him die, Steve.. I-I don't want to be here if anything ever happens again.. As much as I love the kids, Nancy and Jonathan, and you.. It's just too much.." He said then looked down and Steve lets out a sigh.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't know these stuff happening affected you that much.." He said then he walked over, wrapping both arms around him. He keeps him in his arms as Icarus slowly hugged back, his head going onto Steve's shoulder.

"Who knows.. maybe we'll meet again.." Icarus whispered and Steve closed his eyes, putting his head down. "I really fucking hope so.." He mumbled and Icarus pulls away. Steve looks at him right away, staring into his eyes for a moment. "You're the best person in my life.. but.. I mean, just like everyone else, you leave." He whispered.

"Steve, don't make me feel guilty." Icarus said with a frown on his face. "I'm not trying to make you feel guilty.. It's all me, honestly." Steve sighed and looked down. "Hey, at least you still have Robin and Dustin.. And.. maybe you need a friendship more than a relationship right now.." He says and Steve looks up at him again, shaking his head.

"What I need is you.." He says and Icarus just smiles. He leans in and kisses Steve gently. He pulls away, "not what you need.. what you want. Quite romantic but.. you're wrong." Icarus says.

Steve looks away and sighed. "I guess I should let you go.." He whispered and Icarus shakes his head. He pulls Steve into another tight hug. "Just a little while more longer.." He mumbled and Steve didn't mind, in fact he tights his grasp, closing his eyes again as he and Icarus just stood there.

"Promise me one thing, Rus.. you'll go to college and do what you always wanted.. you deserve that." Steve said before pulling away from the hug and Icarus keeps him at an arms length. "And you promise me that you won't give up.. There is a college out there who needs a Steve Harrington.." He says with a small smile at him. Steve sighed but nodded as he smiled back at Icarus.

He couldn't believe this. The one person who always knew him, always accepted him and always believed in him was just.. leaving him? The heartbreak from this didn't feel like with anyone else. Not even with Nancy either. This was different because Steve felt like he was losing the love of his life. "Icarus! Time to go!" They hear Matthew.

That's more when Icarus got emotional, letting Steve go and walking past him. Steve followed him, all the way to the front of the house where he shook hands with Matthew Blood then shared a hug with Mary Blood as Icarus went and got into the car. "Bye Mr. and Mrs. Blood.." Steve smiles.

He watched as Matthew walked over to the van and Mary went over to the car, both getting. He stayed standing there, watching both vehicles leave the driveway and head down the road. "Hey dingus! You gonna cry?" Robin called out. Steve looked over and sighed. "Not yet," He says.

"Might embarrass you."

THE END

authors note wow..

that's the end 🥺 like there is no part four, even if there's a season four

that's the end 🥺 like there is no part four, even if there's a season four. but there will be a bonus chapter after this that will time jump to the year 1995, ten years after this. 🥵🥵

+ sike i lied, they're back for part 4 ‼️😍