iii. THE SONG

IN THE library, Icarus and Chris both sat across from Nancy and Steve, all four teens working on their schoolwork as they stared down, no one even looking up. Icarus wasn't going to show up at first, he was gonna say he had plans but then Nancy also invited Chris, so here he was.

When Nancy snaps her lead on her pencil, Icarus loosk up and watched her walk away before looking at Steve. Steve was looking down so he looks at Chris, "do you have an extra pen?" He whispers and Chris looks at him. "Sorry, no." He replied so Icarus looks at Steve. "Harrington, do you?" He asked and Steve looks up. "Hmm, what?" He says and Icarus sighs. "An extra pen." He says.

"Oh, yeah, I do.." Steve says before holding out the pen. Icarus grabs it, their fingers brushing slightly as he did, so he looks down. Steve was gonna say something but then he noticed Nancy was at the pencil sharpener for a while now, so instead he got up and walked away from the table.

Icarus looks over, watching them walk away, "you think they're going to go bang somewhere?" Chris whispered, leaned in towards Icarus who looks at him right away. "Right. Nah, I don't think so. Nance is a virgin." Icarus says, smirking.

"Are you?" Chris says, almost like he's implying something and Icarus scoffed instantly. "Huh? No.. I mean, I have done it before.." He says and Chris smirked right away. "With who?" He asked and Icarus sighs. "I'm not telling you." He says as he crossed his arms together and Chris smirked more. "Hey.." Nancy sighs as she sits down in front of Icarus, in her original seat. "Hey.. Anything wrong?" He asked her as he looks at her.

"Nothing wrong here, Icarus." Steve said, rubbing Nancy's shoulder. "You don't have to answer for her." Chris whispers and Nancy sighs. "Nothing is wrong, okay? Leave it.." She whispers before looking down, continuing her work.

At Tina's party, Icarus stood side by side with Chris, both had crossed arms as they both watched Billy drink from the keg. "So glad you guys aren't related. You'd get the same brain cells and be a stupid fuck.." Icarus whispers and Chris chuckled loudly at that. "Yeah, thank God." He says.

Icarus grimaced when Billy spits into the air, "we got ourselves a new Keg King!" Tommy shouts and Icarus rolls his eyes before walking away. Inside the house, Chris pours himself a drink as they watch Billy walk over to Steve. "We got ourselves a new Keg King, Harrington." Tommy says. "Yeah, eat it, Harrington." Says another guy beside Billy. Icarus furrows his eyebrows together, honestly annoyed by these heteronormative guys.

Steve simply takes off his sunglasses, staring at Billy as Nancy walked over to where Icarus and Chris stood, near a guy by the bowl of punch. "What's in this?" Nancy asked the guy. "Pure fuel! Pure fuel!" The dude screamed. "Whoo!" He shouted before he burps as Steve walked over, standing by Nancy. "Hey, whoa, whoa! Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa! Take it easy." Steve told Nancy who was chugging down the cup he put the drink into.

"We're just being stupid teenagers for the night. Wasn't that the deal?" Nancy asked him before putting more of the drink into the cup which she drank, some of it dripping down her cheek, she puts down the cup, wiping it away before walking away, leaving the kitchen area.

"She's kind of hot.." Chris said then sighed causing Icarus to chuckle, grimacing slightly after. "She sometimes reminds me of my sister.." Icarus says and Chris smiles at him right away.

When Jonathan walks in, Icarus waved him over but the boy stopped, turning away and towards a girl. "Looks like Jonathan's making a new friend." Chris says before he chuckles. Icarus was now sitting on top of the counter in the kitchen, drinking water as Chris drank beer. He watches Nancy walk over with Steve, who grabs her. "No, no, no." He tells her and ahe looks at him, pushing him away. "Get off." She says but he keeps his hand on her wrist. "No, you've had enough, okay?" He says.