xviii. SUPERPOWERS

DUSTIN PEERS out the bathroom door, Chris and Icarus coming up from behind him and looking outside as well. They take notice of many people exiting the theatre rooms. "And.." Dustin said before opening the door. "Blend." He says before they all walk out, walking with everyone else.

"Well, shit, that worked." Erica says and Chris looks at her. "Course it worked." Dustin said as Chris snorts. "You're gonna jinx it.." He whispers. "Now we just have to get on the bus with the rest of these plebes, and home sweet home, here we come." Dustin said and Icarus smacks Steve's arm.

"Uh, Dustin," Steve said. "What?" Dustin asked and Icarus sighs. "Yeah, we might not wanna go to your house." Steve simply says and Icarus rolls his eyes. "Why?" Dustin asked him.

"Steve told the Russians your full name. Dustin. And Henderson." He says and Dustin looks at him. "What is wrong with you?" He whispers as he looks at Steve next. "Dude, I was drugged." He says and Icarus rolls his eyes again. "So?" Dustin says sassily. "So?" Steve repeated, very confused.

"So, you resist. You tough it out. You tough it out like a man." Dustin sahs and Icarus looks around. "Oh, yeah, it's easy for you to say." Steve says as Robin nudged Icarus lightly. "Guys?" She says and they all come to a stop as they look ahead.

The same Russian men were making some sort of border, checking people's bags. "Abort." Dustin says and Icarus' eyes widen when the man looked at them. "Abort. Abort." Dustin said before they all turn around and start running. They go to run down the escalator but it was blocked and turned off so Robin panicks before jumping up and sliding on the little space between the handles.

Steve, Dustin, Chris, Erica and Icarus follow quickly behind and run to hide. The group of six were hiding behind a counter and Icarus was holding Steve's hand tightly in his, holding it to his chest. They can hear them talking, and walking around as they all just sat there, trying to be quiet.

Icarus flinched when the prize car a couple of feet away starts going off, the alarm wailing. Icarus slowly moves to look over the counter, he smiles a bit when he saw Eleven, that girl from the year before on the second floor, using her powers.

Then she sent the car flying, hitting all of the Russian men like the car was a bowling ball and they were the pins. Icarus' eyes widen, "sh-she.." He slowly stood up, they all stood up as well.

They notice the Russian men passed out then look over to the second floor where all of the kids, Will, Lucas, Max, Eleven, Mike were with Nancy and Jonathan. Dustin smiles in amazement then they all rush over to where they were coming down the escalator, Mike smiling when he saw Dustin who ran over to them, laughing.

"You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!" He says as he embraced them into a hug. Icarus smiles as he and the other four stop there, across Jonathan, Nancy and the kids. "Lucas?" Erica said when she saw her brother. "What are you doing here?" Lucas asked her as Chris goes to hug his little sister.

"Ask them, it's their fault." Erica said as she pointed at Steve, Icarus and Robin. "True, yeah. Totally true. It's absolutely our fault." Steve said with hands on his hips and Icarus smiled. "I don't understand what happened to that car." Robin says. "Eleven has superpowers." Icarus says as he gestures to the girl in the black and yellow shirt.

"I'm sorry?" Robin says as she looks at him. "Superpowers. She threw it with her mind. C'mon, catch up." Steve says to her and Icarus looks at Eleven. "Love your shirt by the way," he smiles at her and she just smiles slightly back. "That's El?" Erica said as she pointed to her.

"Who's El?" Robin asked and Icarus sighs. "I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy asked her. "I'm Robin, I work with Steve." She says and Icarus smiled. "She cracked the top secret code." He says as the same time as Dustin. "Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians." Steve explains.

"Russian? What, what Russians?" Jonathan asked. "Johnny, the Russians!" Icarus says as he points to the men Eleven sort of probably killed. "Those were Russians?" Max asked. "Some of them." Erica says. "What are you talking about?" Lucas asked and Dustin turns to look at him.

"Didn't you hear our code red?" He asked and Mike looks at him. "Yeah. I couldn't understand half of what you were saying." Mike says and Dustin looks away, groaning. "Goddamn low battery." He complains as he looks down.

"How many times do I have to tell you with the low battery?" Steve exclaims and Icarus looks at him. "Chill out," he whispers then looks at Dustin. "It wasn't your fault, everything worked out." He says with a small smile at him.

"Worked out?" Erica turned to him. "We almost died." She says and Icarus looks at her. "But we didn't, did we?" He says right back and she looks away with an eye roll. "It was pretty damn close. I mean, my hand hurts from how tight Icarus was squeezing it." Steve says as he held up his hand.

"Okay, Russians? As in, they're working for the Russian government?" Lucas asked who Icarus looks at now. "What are you not comprehending?" Dustin asked then Icarus notices Eleven no longer standing between Mike and Max. "Am I not speaking English?" He asked. "We have a full-blown Red Dawn situation." Icarus points.

"Is she okay?" He asked and they all look over right as Eleven fell to the ground, groaning. They all rush over, "El! El!" Mike kneels next to her as they all strt to gather around her. "What's wrong with her?" Erica asked and Icarus kneels down at her head, "hey, kid, what's wrong?" He asked her.

"My leg. My leg." She said weakily. "Her leg, her leg, okay," Jonathan said quickly as they take off the bandage they wrapped around her leg. "What happened anyway?" Icarus asked as he looks at Mike right next to Eleven.

"She got hurt, very badly."

All of them groan and exclaim in disgust when they saw her wound. When something starts moving around inside her leg, they all gasp and watch. Eleven starts groaning and gritting her teeth together. "El! El! Are you okay?" Mike asked. "El! El! El!" Mike continued shaking her and she starts screaming loudly.

authors note "hey kid what's wrong" please i just really want an eleven x icarus friendship all of the sudden 🥺🥺