x. BACK TO NORMAL

IT'S BEEN a month now, the lab was shut down, and were exposed for covering up Barbara Holland's death, and Icarus' relationship with Steve has changed a lot. They've been going on secret dates where they pretended they were merely just friends enjoying a movie together, or enjoying a meal together, and sometimes their dates would even be under the nightsky at a lookout so they'd have more privacy together, be alone.

Icarus stayed friends with Jonathan and Nancy of course, they were his best friends and he was also becoming closer friends with Chris who he was currently hanging out with. "So, what the hell were those things down in those weird tunnels?" Chris asked as he and Icarus played cards at the table of the Hargrove-Mayfield home.

"Hey fairy," Billy said as he walked by causing both boys to flip him off. "Max! You ready yet?" Chris called out and that's when Max walks out of the bathroom where she was getting ready. "Yes! I'm ready." She says and that's when Chris and Icarus had to go, Chris was driving Max to the Snowball, (Chris finally got his license), and Icarus was going with them so he'd meet up with Steve.

"Have fun!" Icarus said as he watched her get out of the backseats. "Bye Rus! Bye Chris." The girl said with a smile before walking away. "So, you're gonna go see Steve again?" Chris asked as he looks at Icarus who looks at him, smiling before he nods. "How are things going with you two?" Chris asked with a small smile on his face as he looks at Icarus who sighed, blushing slightly as he scratched the back of his neck. "Well.. I invited him over to my place tonight." He says as he looks at Chris.

"Ahh.. Family game night?" Chris asked and Icarus nods right away. "Well, there's your man. I'll see you later?" Chris asked and Icarus nods right away before he got out of the car, going over to Steve's car where he saw the boy staring at him with a smile on his face. "Hey." He says as he got in. "Hi." Steve said, also smiling at him before he started driving. On the way to Icarus', Steve put his hand into Icarus', interlocking their fingers together.

Icarus smiled, pulling Steve's hand to him closer, rubbing the back of Steve's hand with his thumb. Steve parks in front of the Blood home, sighing softly, he seemed nervous and Icarus looks at him. "They'll love you." Icarus tells him and Steve blushed when he said it, sort of embarrassed of how obvious it was that he was nervous.

"Hey, relax." He said, before leaning over and kissing Steve. He leans back, "they'll love you. I promise." He says with a small smile and Steve sighs before smiling back at Icarus. "Holy shit, I love you." He accidentally let it slip, his eyes widened. "I-I-" He's cut off when Icarus kissed him again. Icarus pulls back again, his forehead against Steve's. "I love you too.. Now come on, come meet my parents. I told them about you and they're super excited to meet you." He said before he got out of the car.

Steve anxiously gets out of the car, walking to the front of the car where Icarus reached out, holding out his hand. Without thinking, Steve put his hand into Icarus' before following him over to the front door. The boys tend to forget to keep watch for people who might see them because they feel like they're in their own world most times they're together, so when Steve noticed this, his heart broke a bit as he pulled his hand away, when Icarus opens the door. "Mom." He calls out, taking off his jacket. "Dad." He said next, hanging up his coat.

Insteas, Riley came running down the stairs, she was on her winter break and he smiled right away. "Hey Riles! Ready for family game night?" He asked and Steve looks at him. "What now? Game night? I'm meeting your parents on game night?" He asked him and Icarus chuckled at him.

"Don't worry about it." He says before leading Steve into the dinging room where his parents were with Meg, Riley's best friend. "Hey mom. Hey dad." Icarus said, smiling when he saw them. "Hey Meg," he adds and the girl nods to him with a smile before he turns to Steve. "Is this Steve?" Mary points and Icarus nods. "Mom, dad, this is Steve.. My.." Icarus trailed off and Steve looks at him, smirking.