i. THE INVITATION

IT SEEMED as though for Icarus Blood, his days always started the same, wake up, brush teeth, shower, get changed into his outfit, go downstairs to eat cereal, Kellogg's Sugar Corn Pops, (his mother Mary Blood, never supported him eating something so sugary for breakfast but never said anything, neither did his father, Matthew Blood), he drank coffee, then got ready for school.

And then at school, he'd smoke a cigarette outside, in the parking lot then decide to go inside for his first class. Most of his days started this way, it was pretty basic and boring all the time. No one really talked to him, mostly because he looked like those "punk" and edgy kids who listened to only rock, The Clash, Van Halen, Metallica, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and such.

He was only ever seen wearing black, never any colour, he had only black pants, black shirts, a black leather jacket, and a bunch of chains he always clutched to his belt loops of his jeans everyday, he had only three pairs of shoes, black converse and a pair of black combat boots.

He was actually a soft person, really. Nobody at their school knew it except for his sister and Millicent, they both saw past that. They both know Icarus, who he was deep down and knew he'd never hurt anyone like people at their school think.

He loved art, he admired it and loved painting actually, he just never tells people because he rarely talks. He's always listening to music on his Walkman. And he actually never cuts his hair. It was long, and always messy, and his parents didn't really approve of it, they thought it made him look like a complete mess but still, they don't say anything. Not because they don't care, but because they want him to have everything he wants, want him to be happy and everything. He started growing it out when he turned thirteen, now he's sixteen.

Everyone says stuff about it, but as always, he ignores them and keeps his hair it's length anyway. It didn't have anything to do with gender after all, he didn't wanna be a girl, nor did he feel like he wanted to be a girl. He just liked the freedom of being able to control something without having them do a thing about it. He likes control.

Today, however, for Icarus Blood was different. He stood at his locker, digging through the trash for his lighter which he then shoves into his pocket. A few feet away were Nancy Wheeler, Barbara Holland, Steve Harrington, Tommy H and Millicent Addams. "Now, onto more important matters. My dad has left town on a conference and my mom's gone with him, 'cause, you know, she doesn't trust him." Steve said and Icarus sighed, putting headphones over his ears since they were in earshot.

"Good call." Tommy said and Millicent rolled her eyes. "So, are you in?" Steve asked as Millicent looks at Nancy who glanced at her. "In for what?" She asked and Millicent chuckled. "Oh, sweet innocent Nancy Wheeler." She says, making her look at her right away. "No parents. Big house." She says and Nancy looks at Steve then back at her. "A party?" She asked, unsure of her words.

"Ding, ding, ding." Millicent said with a smile. "It's Tuesday." Nancy responded with and Millicent lightly chuckled, looking down. "It's Tuesday! Oh, my God." Tommy said, mocking her as he and Millicent both laugh which makes Steve smack his arm. "Come on. It'll be lowkey. It'll just be us. What do you say? Are you in or are you out?" Steve asked and Nancy looked down then back at him.

"Um.." "Look.." Millicent suddenly said, and they all look at Jonathan Byers putting missing posters of Will, his younger brother. "Oh, God, that's depressing." Steve says and Millicent rolls her eyes. "Should we say something?" Nancy says as she looks at them. "I don't think he speaks." Tommy said which only caused his girlfriend to smack his chest with her hand. "How much you wanna bet he killed him though?" He said, leaning closer to her and then Steve hits him. "Shut up." He says.