vii. LOOK PRETTY.

THE THUNDERBIRD stays unmoved as Icarus turns to Dustin. "Dustin." He says and the younger nods. "I am not going to Family Video." He says in a slightly calm voice and the younger teenage boy frowns. "What?" He says and Icarus just slowly smiles at him. "I am not going to Family Video. Whatever it is you need, I will provide better than Steve can." He says and Dustin sighed. "Icarus--" "no, I am not--" "Icarus." Chris leans over.

"Come on... look at this guy, look at him," he touched the underside of Dustin's chin. "You can't deny this face." He says as he pats the boy's cheek who's grimacing with annoyance. "I don't like him." He mouthed to Icarus who sighed. "Why do we need to go there of all places? Isn't there anywhere else better to go?" Icarus asked Dustin. "Nope."

"I hate you." But there they were, Icarus pulling into the only empty parking lot before turning off the engine. "I hate this, I hate this, I hate this," he muttered the whole way into the shop where Robin and Steve turns to them. "Hey, Steve." Dustin says when they walk in. "You guys see this?" The Harrington asked, mostly looking at Max and Dustin before he glanced up at the two following in behind them.

At Chris and Icarus standing closely side by side, watching Dustin and Max. "How many phones do you have?" The curly headed boy asked as Steve kept his eyes on Icarus. "Someone was murdered." He says as he glanced between Chris and Icarus. "How many phones do you have?" Dustin repeated, a bit louder than the first time.

"Two. Why?" Steve asked as he glanced at Robin who'd just noticed Chris and Icarus as well. "Technically three, if you count Keith's in the back." She pointed over her shoulder as Max turns to Dustin, nodding. "Yeah, three works." She says, so maybe Dustin gets one, so does Max and Icarus.

"What are you doing? What is he doing?" Steve looked at Icarus who shrugs, watching the way Dustin slings off his backpack, then throw it over the counter. "Woah! What are you--" "my pile!" Robin exclaims as Dustin jumps up and over the counter. Icarus rolls his eyes. "No, no, no! My tapes! Dude!" Steve exclaims as Dustin plops himself down in front of the computer and Icarus just walks around the other side. "What are you doing, man?" Steve asked next, walking over to him.

Icarus joins Dustin's side, as do Max and Chris. "Setting up base of operations here." Dustin answered as Robin looks over. "Base of operations?" She asked. "Stop. Get off of that." Steve scolded then looked at Icarus who's arms are crossed, staring at the computer. "No, I need it." The younger replied.

"Need it for what?"

"Looking up Eddie's friends' phone numbers." Dustin answers quickly, sounding annoyed. "Oh, Eddie. Your new best friend you think is cooler than me because he plays your nerdy game?" Steve asked as Dustin nods, saying "Ed, yes--" then stopped as he looks at Steve. "I never said that." He said and Icarus looks at the Harrington, making a weird face.

He looked at Chris next who's face was scrunched up. "Seriously, you guys, maybe on a Monday, you can play around in here like toddler, but it's Saturday. It's our busiest day." Robin says and Icarus looks over. "Alright, look Robin, I empathize, but this cannot wait until Monday." Dustin explains.

"What? Cause calling all of Eddie's friends is an emergency?" Robin asked as Steve helps her put away the stuff properly again. "Correct!" Dustin shouted as Icarus watched Steve and Robin, glancing between the two. He finds it nice they're at least still close. "Can you fill them in while I do this?" Dustin turns towards Icarus, Chris and Max to his right.

"Fill us in on what?" Robin turns around and Icarus sighed, looking towards Max. "You explain it the best but you already did it twice, want me to tell them?" He asked and Max shrugs. "Yeah, knock yourself out..." She turns towards the computer, hugging her arms around herself again and Icarus nods before turning around, mostly to Robin.

"Basically this Chrissy chick died, across from where Max and Chris live, uh, you know, Eddie and his uncle and whatever, so now Max thinks it might be Upside Down related and shit, whatever." He shrugs and Steve scoffs. "Amazing explanation." He says and Icarus rolls his eyes before leaning against the counter, crossing his arms. "Oh, sorry, I forgot I have to speak slow and clearly." He says and Steve just rolled his eyes next.

"Rus..." Robin says with a slightly pained look on her face and Icarus sighed. "Max, Chris and I were watching a movie, then the lights started flickering, then not long after, we heard a scream... then Max and I saw Eddie take off in his van. And just this morning, the news you guys saw of someone who got murdered, was Chrissy Cunningham. Um, but the three of us doubt it was Eddie, Max thinks it was." He shrugs and Steve just glanced up at him. He knows why Icarus doubts Eddie being the murderer, because the taller was once like Eddie, before his big change happened, that people saw him different.

And judged him differently. But he was a petty motherfucker so he doesn't wanna agree but also doesn't say anything as he turns around. "Okay, knock yourselves out. I'm gonna tend to the customers." He walks away. "Max, Dustin and I got it covered, so you can do your work on your busiest day as well." Icarus tells Robin who just nods her head softly.

"Okay, thanks... also that whole exchange was so weird and I hate you both." She says and he just snorts, rolling his eyes as Dustin got most of Eddie's friends' numbers, writing them all down. Robin brought out Keith's phone for Icarus as Dustin and Max began on calling from the list, so Icarus started on his.

"What do I do?" Chris came to stand by Icarus who looks at him. "Just stand there and look pretty." He reached up, booping Chris' nose as the Mayfield scrunched up his nose. "You're so gay." He pushed his friend's hand away as Icarus laughs quietly, dialling the number. Steve stood not far from them, watching the pair before turning to the costumer and helping him pick out a movie to rent.

authors note i'm trying to get more motivation for this but like, yk, this is gonna be filled with angst more than happiness and whatnot, so like... idk i like sadness especially rn

 idk i like sadness especially rn