i. SIX MONTHS

SIX MONTHS has passed since the night of the Snowball, Steve got a job at Scoops Ahoy and with his new job taking up most of his time, Icarus finds himself mostly hanging out with Chris.

It's June 28, 1985 and Chris and Icarus were sitting in Scoops Ahoy, in one of the booths when Mike, Will, Lucas and Max walk in. Icarus watched as Mike starts ringing the bell repeatedly.

"Hey, dingus, your children are here." Robin said, a girl who was working with Steve. Icarus looks at Chris, both of them chuckling. "Again? Seriously?" Steve asked as he opens the windows. Icarus rolls his eyes as the kids head behind the counter then he looks at Chris again. "I can't believe your guy is letting kids sneak into the theatres." Chris said in disbelief and Icarus rolls his eyes.

"I'll go get more ice cream," he says as he stood up and Chris walks with him. "Hey Robin," Chris said with a grin at her and she just looks at Icarus. "Ahoy." She says to him and mostly him, kind of ignoring Chris who stops smiling.

"Two cones of vanilla ice cream please," he says with a smile and Robin watches Steve walk out of the back. "I'll get it for them," he said as he sends a smile to his boyfriend who smiles back.

Steve grabs a cone and goes to serve them when the power went out. "Woah.. that's weird." He says and Icarus looks at Chris who takes out a lighter he always carries around. Steve walks over to the light switch and Icarus looks over at him.

He starts to click it off and on, "that isn't gonna work, dingus." Robin said and Icarus chortles. "Yeah, Stevie.." He shook his head and Steve looks at him. "Oh, really? You two doubt me too much." He says before switching it off and on faster than he did a few seconds ago and Chris smirks.

"You're a lucky guy, my friend," he whispers to Icarus who smacks his chest. "The ice cream is all gonna melt." Icarus said with a sad look and Steve looks at him. "You're worried about ice cream?" He asked and Icarus nods. "I'm in a ice cream shop, Steve, chances are I'm worried about the ice cream more than anything else." He shrugs.

Eventually, the power comes back on and Steve looks at Icarus then at Robin. "Let there be light." He says before walking back to the ice cream. "How many scoops, Rus?" Steve asked snd Icarus looks at the ice cream through the glass.

"Uh, two," Icarus smiled and Steve glanced up, smiling back at him before holding out the cone. Icarus hands it to Chris before waiting for the other cone of ice cream. When he gets his ice cream, Chris pays before they go back to the booth.

"I can't believe you guys have a code.." Chris shook his head and Icarus looks at him. "What? Do you want me to say in front of everyone that he and I are gonna have sex?" He whispers.

"I get your point..."

Later on, when Steve's shift was over, Icarus just waits in the back, sitting on the chair. When Steve walks in, he smiled as he stood up. "Hey." He says and Steve smiled as he walks over to him.

"Hi." He wraps his arms around Icarus' waist and leaned in, kissing him. Icarus pulls away, "let's go to my place.. My parents are gone for the weekend.." He says with a small smirk.

"Right now?" Steve asked with a grin and Icarus nods right away. "Okay, we just have to lock up then we can go.." Steve says and Icarus nods. After they lock up the ice cream shop, they head over to Icarus'. The two immediately ran up the stairs to Icarus' room where they immediately started making out, sitting at the end of his bed.

Icarus pulls away, "I think I'm gonna grow my hair out again." He says and Steve reaches up, touching his hair. "Yeah, you should, I kinda miss your long hair." He says then smiles slightly at him and Icarus smiles back at him then leans in again.

They go back to kissing until Icarus laid them both down onto the bed. Icarus pulls away, grinning as he goes to take off Steve's shirt, Steve helping him with it before he took off his own shirt.

That night, as they laid side by side, Icarus raised his hand and wiped his neck. "It's so fucking hot in here." He complains and Steve just laid there, staring at the ceiling. "I know.." He whispers.

"God, I wish my family had a swimming pool.." Icarus sighed and wiped away at his face. Steve looks at him with a grin, "my place has a pool." He says and Icarus looks at him. "I know.. but you have work. Again. Tomorrow." He says and Steve sighs. "I don't think we ever get to be alone anymore.. Just at night." He says as he moves to lay on his side.

"Yeah.. I wish we could be alone together more." Icarus says with a smile at him and Steve sighs. "Why didn't you get a job?" He asked and Icarus looks at him. "We've talked about this, Steve." He says and Steve looks away. "Yeah, yeah, you don't need one or whatever.." He shrugs.

Mary and Matthew didn't want him to get a job, something about how he doesn't need to and if he really needs one then that's when he can get one. They also said whatever he needs, he'll get money from them for it. Most of it has been spent on mostly ice cream from Scoops Ahoy.

"My parents are too overbearing, they think I don't need a job.. God, I'm seventeen." He says and Steve looks up at him again. He cups Icarus' face gently and leaned in to kiss him. The kiss is slow and meaningful. He pulls away, "I love you.."

"I love you too," Icarus says with a smile as he stares at Steve. "Oh, Dustin comes home tomorrow, doesn't he?" He asked as he remembered. Steve nods right away, "yeah, yeah, he does."

authors note hi they're back 🥺🥺 + i hope most of you have seen the new season already😳

steve and icarus
🤝
being in love and
being the parents
to dustin henderson

tell me i'm wrong, i dare you