x. IDEAL SUMMER

DUSTIN CLIMBS out of the room and Icarus follows behind, looking around. Steve climbs up, grabbing Icarus' hand. They look up and saw it was a long way up. "What did you say about climbing?" Steve asked him and Icarus sighed as he pulled his hand away to go on the other side.

"Unless you got the stanima for it.."

"Code red, I repeat, code red." Dustin repeats into his supercomm as Icarus stood with him. "Does anyone copy?" He asked and Icarus sighs, staring up. "This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. Does anyone copy? We are innocent children and we are trapped at the Starcourt Mall. The Red Army has infiltrated Hawkins and if we are found, they will torture and kill us." He says before looking at Icarus.

"Maybe we're not in range, Dustin.. You might just be wearing out the batteries, what if we eventually need it for good?" He asked then Steve climbs up. "Hey." He grunts, standing up. "He's right. You're gonna drain the battery." He says.

"The mall just opened." Dustin says. "So?" Steve says and Icarus sighs. "So someone could be in range." He says and Icarus looks at him. "Or I'm right and we might not be in range.." He explains and Dustin looks at him. "What do you think, Petey the Mall Cop is gonna rappel down here and save the day?" He asked and Steve chuckles.

"Alright, why are you such a cranky pants?" Dustin crossed his arms then looks over at Steve. "You two still in a fight?" He squints his eyes and Icarus rolls his eyes. "No, actually we had a nice long talk last night and the night before." He says and Dustin nods. "I know.. I heard the talking and the other stuff last night.." He says and Icarus scoffs.

"What other stuff?" He asked and Dustin looks at Steve who walks over to one of the walls. "Yeah.. the kissing. You guys weren't being so quiet.." Dustin whispers and Icarus hits him. "Shut the fuck up." He whispers before grabbing the supercomm. "Let me take over, go down, I have granola bars and water in my backpack but don't eat it all, if Robin, Chris or Erica are hungry, split it with them." He says and Dustin just grimaces.

"Ew, granola bars?" He asked but went back down into the room anyway and Icarus turns around but only to find Steve was peeing on the wall. "God, Steve.." He looks away and Steve scoffs.

"Look away." He says and Icarus rolls his eyes, turning around again. "Can you redirect your stream please?" Robin says loudly and Steve does so, turning to the other wall. When Steve was done, he walks over to Icarus who turns around.

"I'm sorry this isn't your ideal summer." Steve whispers and Icarus smiles. "You're joking. I'm having the best time of my life." He says and Steve chuckles, staring at him. "Feels a lot like last year, doesn't it?" He says as he looks away.

"Getting stuck with Dustin Henderson and having to help him? Yeah.." Icarus nods with a smile. "God.. things were so different then.. You and I weren't even together yet." He says and Steve just stares at him with a small smile. "And I can't imagine not being with you.." He says.

"I thought you were still mad. Especially about Chris." He says and Steve shrugs. "So he fell on top of you? Who cares? A box fell on me, you should be more jealous." He says with a smirk and Icarus rolls his eyes with a small smile, leaning towards him but then Robin peaks out at them.

"We've got company."

The group all stand around the lights that seemed to be the only way they can see inside. A man speaks in Russian and then another replies, causing him to reply as well. Chris covers his mouth before he could even let out a laugh which makes Icarus look at him with a curious look.

They start taking boxes and then when they left the room, Steve hurriedly gets back into the room and uses the bottle of green liquid to stop the door from fully closing. "Let's go." He says and Erica goes first, Chris next, Robin, Dustin then Icarus. He pulls Steve quickly since the glass was starting to shatter and then it did, the door closing.

They watch as the liquid seemed to be burning the floor. "You still wanna drink that?" Robin asked Erica and Chris looks at Steve with a grin. "The dudes were asking about your piss." He says and Steve looks at him. "What?" He asked.

"The first guy asked if he smelled something and the guy who was smoking asked what and he replied with piss. They smelled your piss, Harrington." Chris cackled and Icarus chuckles lightly making Steve look at him with a stern look.

"Well, if someone didn't keep me up and made me drink water, I wouldn't have.." He says and Icarus gets quiet as he blushed, looking away.

Admittedly, Steve and Icarus didn't sleep, they stayed awake and talked about many things, how they can get out or get the door open. But ended up with them in a slump, since they were up on the top of the room, they ended up stop talking.

They started making out. Icarus thinks about how much tongue Steve used, how much he put into the kissing and how he touched Icarus' thighs, pulling him closer in a needy way. "Holy mother of God." Dustin says which snaps Icarus out of his daze from thinking of the night before.

They all turn around to see what he was looking at, only to see a hallway. Not just any hallway, a long hallway, so long they couldn't even make out the end of it. "So long.." Chris whispers.

"Ten things Steve has said to Icarus.." Icarus said himself making Chris grin at him and Steve roll his eyes. "Well.." Steve says, looking at Icarus then Chris. "Hope you guys are in good shape."

"Looking at you, roast beef." He walks past Dustin who's chest he pats as he did. "You're one to talk, you're getting a little chubby but I say nothing about it." Icarus says, following him.

"Oh, my God, that's one thing you never say to a man, Rus." Steve says as he kept walking. "What? I mean it in a nice way. That way you're not some tiny little prick like... Jonathan? Nope, bad example, no, more like Chris. Nope, bad example, he's fit." He says and Steve turns to him.

"You've seen him shirtless?" He asked and Icarus walks past him. "We went swimming once.." He says and Steve scoffs, walking as well. "I'm so not getting chubby.." Steve whispers and Icarus rolls his eyes, he was mostly kidding anyway.

authors note rOaSt BeEf I SMEELLL LIKE BEEF