xii. WON A FIGHT

ICARUS IS squished between Steve and Chris, holding onto his boyfriend's arm. Steve peaks out, looking both ways then walks out of their hiding spot, "okay, clear." He whispers.

"Clear, come on, let's go." The other five follow behind him quickly, "okay, that was close." Chris says as Erica, Dustin and Robin walk behind him. "Too close." Dustin says. "Relax.. Alright? Relax." Steve says, also sensing that Icarus was tense. "Nobody saw..." Steve trails off.

Icarus' eyes widen when he saw the many Russians. "Fuck," he whispers then they all quickly hide before they got spotted, behind a box. "Red Dawn." Dustin says as Icarus looked at Steve. "I saw it. First floor, northwest." Erica whispers.

"Saw what?" Steve asked. "The comms room." She whispered back. "You saw then comms room?" Steve asked in disbelief and Chris sighs. "I saw it too." Chris nodded and Erica looks at Icarus and Steve. "The door was open for a second, and I saw a bunch of lights and machines and shit in there." She says and Steve looks at Icarus for any help.

"That could be a hundred different things." Dustin says as Icarus looks back at Steve. "Let's go.." He whispers as he nods and Steve just stares at him, sighing. All of them peer out from behind their spot, spotting the door quickly.

They all lean back and Icarus sighs. "Alright. We're gonna move fast, we're gonna stay low.." Steve says, his eyes never leaving Icarus', almost like he wanted to say something but he couldn't because the other four were there with them.

Icarus merely nodded, Steve goes first then all of them quickly follow behind, Chris at the end so he makes sure the kids get there safely. They hid again for a few seconds before Steve quickly got up and headed for the room, all of them following behind. Icarus shuts the door after Chris, letting out a small sigh of relief, looking at him.

They all turn around to see there was a Russian man in there, "uh.. Steve, what are we gonna do?" Icarus whispers to Steve who stood directly in front of him at the door as the man takes of the headset he was wearing, standing up.

"Tread lightly!" Chris said in Russian as he steps over when he saw the man reaching for the gun, he repeats the saying when the man looked confused. The man just asked him something in Russian so Icarus looks at Chris, mostly with worry.

"Silver cat.." Chris said in Russian as he points to himself. "Silver cat." He repeated. The man tells him
something and Chris looks back at them. "The code." He says in Russian next and the man scoffs, about to grab his gun when Steve starts yelling and running towards him. Icarus just stood and watched in shock as Steve tackled the man.

The man fights back, pushing Steve away and Icarus looks at Dustin who looked back at him before they both went back to watching. The man grabs Steve by the shirt, grunting. He throws Steve to the side, then grabs the back of his shirt.

Steve elbows him in the stomach and the man backs away, Steve grabs a weapon in this time. He turns to the man and hit him across the face, the man hits his head onto the counter and then fell to the ground. Icarus' jaw drops as he looks back up at Steve who runs his fingers through his hair.

"Bet you got a boner just now.." Chris whispers to Icarus who smacks his chest hard. "Dude!" Dustin yells and Steve looks over. "You did it!" Dustin said excitedly and Icarus smiles. "You won a fight." He says, impressed and Steve just smiles, looking down at the man who was knocked out.

Dustin rushed over to the unconscious man, "what are you doing?" Erica asked and Icarus looks at her. "Getting us our ticket out of here." Dustin says and Icarus nods. "Like I said, the keycards." Icarus points out and Erica points to the direction of where they came from. "You want to walk all the way back?" She asked in disbelief.

"Oh, well, we can hang out for a little bit, relax, have a picnic maybe." Dustin says as he walks over to her and Icarus rolls his eyes before he walks over to Steve. He leans towards his ear, "that was super hot and I'd totally kiss you but kids are here," he whispers and Steve looks at him. "And it might get.. heated.." He added shortly after.

Steve's whole face turns red as he sheepishly smiles, "a-another time then," he waves his hand and Icarus smirks. Icarus looks back at Erica and Dustin who started bickering back and forth. "Kids," he sighs as he walks over to them.

"Kids, kids, kids, kids.." He sighed as he shakes his head and they look up at him. "Listen, the elevator room is our only way out so of course we're going up that way.." He nodded.

"Guys, there's something up there." Robin says and they all go to follow her right away. They walk in through the door and walk over to the windows they could look into. Icarus stood with Dustin and Steve on one side as Robin, Erica and Chris stood together on the other side of the doors.

"Holy shit." Dustin says and for a moment, Icarus couldn't believe what he was looking at. A machine that was creating some sort of energy, a type of energy that was opening some sort of gate. They watch it tear through the gate and open it up some more. "Holy fuck.." Icarus whispers.

authors note "girl this child has lost her mind" - iconic front desk lady at the hospital talking about nancy, her boyfriend and their kids