Poison Among Shadows

Author's Name:
ZianDutt

Reviewer:
sky_is_limit
YvonneKindle
NDeMeer
chaotic_naturx

Review Type:
Cover/Blurb Runner-Up's Prize

Blurb
Judge 3 Review:
Main Character: 7/10
World: 7/10
Conflict: 8/10
Stakes: 9/10
Enticement: 10/10
Total: 41/50
This is a very cool and intriguing blurb. It raises some great questions and shows the stakes really well. I would argue it could use a little more detail on the main character and on the world building, but it's definitely not bad!

Judge 4 Review:
Main Character: 8/10
World: 6/10
Conflict: 7/10
Stakes: 9/10
Enticement: 10/10
Total: 40/50
I am honestly in love with this blurb! But, I have a few suggestions: expand more on the world, focus on the main conflict and let us know more about it to also increase the stakes, explain more about (what I assume are) the side characters introduced later in the blurb and, instead of just stating their archetypes, actually introduce them. It confused me a bit as to why they are there in the blurb if that's all there is.

Cover
Judge 1 Review:
Blurb/Genre Rep: 10/10
Legibility: 9/10
Color Comp.: 10/10
Balance Comp.: 8/10
Overall Impression: 10/10
Total: 47/50
I love how the title wraps around the dagger. It was a really good addition to do. I will say that I think a lot is going on with the background image that makes it just a little hard on the eyes. I'm also not sure if there's words under the author name. Other than that great cover. It fits well with the blurb and genre.

Jusge 2 Review:
Blurb/Genre Rep: 10/10
Legibility: 7.5/10
Color Comp.: 9/10
Balance Comp.: 10/10
Overall Impression: 9/10
Total: 45.5/50
I like the idea of the intertwined dagger, but it nearly obscures the "among" in the title. Still, the colors and overall balance is nice.

 Still, the colors and overall balance is nice