Prologue

"GET OVER HERE! YOU BETTER CLEAN THIS MESS!" The voice echoed through the small house as Thrafsi turned his head to the kitchen counter and snarled in anger as he looked back at the shattered vase that his adopted child, or more like slave accidentally knocked over. The child tried to stay as still as possible, not making a single sound. However, she could hear him mumbling something to himself "Can't believe that thing doesn't even do its job. It was creating in a literal lab, this is what it's supposed to do," Thrafsi snarled silently "or at least that's how it works under this roof..." Thrafsi sat down and sighed in disappointment and temporary retreat. He grabbed one of the beers that he had left on the counter and cracked it open, causing to sound to startle his daughter, who was still hiding. Thrafsi lifted the bottle to his muzzle, though before the strong liquid could meet his lips, he remembered that he had forgotten to look one place for his daughter; under the table. He placed the beer back on the counter. The child could hear the dark floorboards creak as her father came closer to her hiding spot. She could then see the outline of an anthropomorphic doberman on the wall to the left of her. His paw came into view as he stepped closer. The young protogen tried to hold her breath, though she was shaking with fear. She closed her eyes and hoped to wake up, she wished that this could all just be a horrible nightmare, though deep down, she knew that was very unlikely, as this was not the first time that Thrafsi was furious at her. The protogen was broken out of her daze as she felt a tight grip on her right wrist and a horrible, dark feeling washed over her.

"W-wait! No, I-I'll clean it up! Please! Just let me go!" she insisted, tears forming in her eyes. However, Thrafsi wasn't having it. He yanked his adopted daughter out from under the table, and her eyes were met with his, which were visibly burning with rage. He pushed her against the wall with great force. His daughter knew that it was useless to try to escape his grip; he was three times the size of her and she had no doubt that he would slit her throat if she tried to get out, so she just watched in horror as Thrafsi held his fist back and prepared to deal a hefty punch to her. He gathered as much strength as possible in his fist before sending it straight to the young protogen's upper neck. She yelped in pain and shock as she fell to the ground. Her father watched with a blank stare as blood began to leave the newly formed wound and stain the fur around it. The warm crimson liquid pooled onto the floor under her, and all the protogen could do was twitch in pain and lay there paralyzed. Thrafsi performed one last kick to her shoulder, causing her to yelp again and hit the wall. The doberman then knelt down to her level.

"Look kid, you'll never be anything but a worthless piece of trash." he growled. A tear trickled down the protogen's digital face as she helplessly lay there, watching her father leave the room to get some rest for the night; one of the longest nights of the protogen's life.