Chapter 4

"You sure we should be going to this bar? I mean, there are bad things happening everywhere..." Kivuli sighed while walking down the street.

"Oh, come on, we brought pepper spray! If anything seems suspicious, we'll just make sure that it's easily accessible in case it's needed." Emerald reminded.

"Yeah, it'll be fine, and you know I won't let anything happen to you." Lapis chuckled in attempt to comfort Kivuli as she patted her back.

"Alright, but we need to leave the bar at to catch the bus at nine. That's the last bus, the walk isn't that short, and right now in June, it gets dark at about nine ." Kivuli murmured.

"Okay, we'll make sure we catch the bus." Emerald insisted.

The group had reached the bar had been talking for about an hour. It was now 8:50 P.M.. Emerald was the only one drinking, as Kivuli and Lapis were just there to hang out and make sure that Emerald didn't get too high. That failed. Emerald was kind of tipsy, so Kivuli and Lapis prevented her from ordering any more beer. Meanwhile, on the table beside the group's, a glass was dropped and accidentally shattered right behind Emerald. For some reason, in her drunken state, this triggered her. Emerald shot up and twisted around, her eyes burning with hate. "WHAT? YOU WANNA GO THERE, HUH?" Emerald snapped aggressively. The one who dropped the glass, an anthropomorphic cheetah, had a confused look on his face. What did he even do? "Oh buddy you're going to regret this..." Emerald growled.

"I'm sorry, what? All I did was accidentally drop a glass, why are you so furious?" The the man questioned. Emerald tensed her muscles and held her fists in front of her face, similar to the position a boxer would be in during a fight. "Dude, what happened?! What did I do? WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO FIGHT ME?"

"You laughing, huh? Huh? Oh, well you won't be laughing once you feel my fist rip through your skull and splatter your small brain all over the room. I'LL KEEP PUNCHING THAT SMALL HEAD OF YOURS UNTIL THIS BAR IS PAINTING RED WITH YOUR ICE COLD BLOOD!" Emerald snarled. This poor guy sitting on the table next to her was beginning to get horrified.

"Emerald, stop! This isn't okay, you're freaking the guy out! All he did was drop a glass!" Kivuli exclaimed.
Lapis nodded, shocked by this behaviour. Emerald twisted around again, her face red with rage. She would have punched Kivuli if Lapis hadn't shoved the other protogen out of the way, causing them both to tumble off of the table and onto the floor. The whole bar's attention was on the group and the random cheetah now.
Emerald then started punching the air in a very aggressive manner. She was doing this for ten minutes straight, the whole bar still watching, confused. The cheetah had obviously left the bar at this point, and Emerald herself was beginning to get confused as she slowly became sober.

"Wow, this place is a mess... DID I DO THIS? I REMEMBER PUNCHING THINGS." Emerald gasped.

Lapis walked toward Emerald. "Yes, in fact you almost punched Kivuli. Be more careful next ti-"

Lapis was cut off by Kivuli. "IT'S 9:15, GUYS, WE MISSED THE BUS. We have to go before the town gets too dark and sketchy!"

Emerald and Lapis were appalled. They had completely forgotten. All three of the friends automatically fled the bar and started running as fast as they could back home, as the blood orange sun sunk beneath the city.

After about five minutes, the friends slowed their pace. "So... uhhh... sorry I got a little drunk." Emerald sighed guiltily.

"Hey, it's fine, I know you can't really control when you go... crazy. We'll just know for next time that you shouldn't have that many shots." Kivuli murmured. Lapis felt a wave of shock wash over her. How could Kivuli be this forgiving? Lapis also felt another emotion... could it be... jealousy? With that jealousy came anger. That anger stuck with her for the rest of the walk home, causing her to zone out during every conversation.

Thankfully, nothing bad happened on the walk home. However, something bad was very close to happening. Maybe the serial killer had been following the group the whole entire time? Longer than anyone could have ever suspected...