Chapter 13

Kivuli slowly began to wake up and adjust to her surroundings. The first thing she noticed was a horrible pain where the object had hit her, and she could feel dried blood covering the fur around the injury.

The only emotions she felt at that moment were fear and confusion. Where in the world was she? The room seemed nearly empty, except for a few random objects lying around, as well as a clock that read "1:13 A.M..". The walls were made of smooth grey cement and the area reeked of tar and cannabis, similar to the stench of the streets. The room was dimly lit and uncomfortably warm. It was then that Kivuli discovered she was in one of the abandon buildings that she had been wandering by before everything had changed.

Kivuli attempted to stand up but was restricted from doing so by the cuffs that gripped uncomfortably around her arms and legs. She fell back and began panicking, extremely worried for Lapis and Emerald, were they okay? Or was this just another dream? Kivuli had many questions but no answers. The protogen jumped when she heard shuffling nearby, seemingly from a room above her. She listened to the floorboards creak as the individual strayed nearer and nearer. It was then that the door swung open and revealed something Kivuli would never expect to see in a million lifetimes...

Lapis.