Chapter 1

Juniper made his way toward the bench, illuminated by the silver moonlight. He sat down and sighed, exhausted. A warm and humid breeze gently weaved through his fur, calming the old leopard. He gazed at the river in front of him as he lit a cigarette and placed it between his lips. He took a deep breathe in, then removed the cigarette and exhaled, causing a stream of smoke to drift through the warm midnight air. He repeated.

Minutes later, the cigarette was no longer useful, so he reluctantly stood up from the bench and made his way toward the trash can, though was quickly interrupted when he felt a sharp pain in his neck, before if all turned black. His life had flashed before his eyes, and the one that had claimed it quickly snatched up his body and tossed it into the deep depths of the river, where it would sink to the bottom, rot, and never be seen again.

The killer had left no trace except a splatter of blood where they had run their claws through his neck, slicing through his flesh and causing both the blood and soul to leave the innocent man's body. The murderer turned their head and their eye was caught by a sparkle of reflected moonlight on top of the trash can, where an empty wine bottle lay. This was a perfect way to cover up the blood stain. The killer quickly padded up to the trash can and snatched the bottle, returning to the blood stain. They placed the bottle just beside the bloodstain to make it look as if the wine had spilled on the sun baked concrete and was abandoned there. Satisfied, the murderer left the scene and returned back to their home. This was the fifth person to die eversince it all started, back at the beginning of June, and there were more murders to come.