Chapter 8

Lautan wandered through a dark street, sandwiched between two abandoned buildings. This area was known to be very dangerous shady, and that was the exact reason why not many people entered it, unless they had nowhere else to go. What once were old malls and apartments were now dark, crumbling, empty spaces. Well, not exactly empty, but the people who did call these places home were those who's innocent souls had fallen victim to alcohol and drugs. They had been blinded by their own decisions, which slowly but surely took control of them, causing them to become bloodthirsty, violent brutes.

This area was most certainly never safe, but Lautan needed to pass through in order to return to her own apartment, and that is why she had carried a small but affective blade with her. But as you may have figured, that blade would not be enough to save her from what was coming next. Lautan could have sworn she sensed another presence nearby; a little too nearby. She just couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. She tightened her grip around the knife that she had been carrying, continuing on through the ally, picking up the pace. However, this only made the stalker more tempted to strike, as this meant that time was ticking. And with that, the stalker leaped forward when Lautan was oblivious.

In a flash, Lautan felt the air being knocked out of her as she landed roughly on the dry, solid concrete below. The hand she had been holding the knife in had suddenly felt empty; Lautan's weapon had been snatched, and only seconds later, she felt an indescribable pain as it was being pushed into the left side of her chest, tearing through her delicate flesh and puncturing her heart, immediately killing the victim. The killer allowed the knife to remain in Lautan's chest, as they did not want the blood to poor out onto the street and raise suspicions, as the police were already very paranoid due to the recent disappearances and possible murders. The killer dragged the body toward a nearby sewer plate, then dropping it on the side. They lifted up the lid and looked into the sewer. The killer couldn't help but recoil at the treacherous smell, but a spark of relief came with that disgust, as this would be a decent coverup for the stench of the body once it began to decompose. The killer grabbed the body again and slowly began to slide it down the sewer, being careful not to knock the blade out, as if it were to be removed from the chest, blood would poor out everywhere and make the corpse way easier for the police to find.

Finally, once the killer believed the body was close enough to the bottom to drop, they let go, a pang of fear hitting them. But thankfully for the killer, the body landed safely into the sewer, the knife remaining buried in Lautan's chest. The killer then reached for the sewer plate, placing it carefully back onto the hole. With that, the killer quickly fled the scene.

Another one down.