18

I moved out of my dorm room and moved into another. I haven't seen Bethany, Blossom, Evan and the rest of the gang. Ethan hasn't been in class for a week, not that I care until class was dismissed where the professor mentioned that I might end up failing if Ethan doesn't show up. I asked him to switch me up into another group, but he told me it was a little too late. I call Ethan to tell him that I will need him for the assignment and I don't need him at all.

He didn't answer and I don't know what to do because he caused this upon himself. I try texting his sister to find out where he is for me to talk to him about the assignment for class. She didn't answer me, so I guess the whole family was not talking to me when they were the one inflicting pain upon people.

I went to my room just thinking about the assignment where I started to reminisce about Ethan and how he touches me and kisses me until I realize he broke me all because of a stupid bet. I didn't understand why he would do this to me because I did love him and I wanted to make sure this would work because he is difficult and I was willing to love him no matter the cost. The problem is that I still love him and don't know how to get him out of my mind because he is my breath and my whole heart. He can walk into a room and my heart would glow just in his sight, but how do I recover from this.

I was getting bored with the room, so I headed to a party just to remove this feeling of missing him. I went to the keg stand to get a cup of beer where I bumped into Evan. I walked away until Evan stops me in my track, ''Please hear me out.'' Evan pleads.

''What?'' I am tired of their games and just want to live for once. Evan starts to tell me that Ethan really did love me because he lied to them about sleeping with me also when they asked if I said those words. When I found out that day, Ethan came back into the bar scolding them by letting them know how much he loves me and he was never planning on letting me go from his arms. Evan can tell he was in love deeply and he never wanted this heartbreak for his friend. Since we were on the topic of Ethan, I wanted to know if he has heard from him lately. He shook his head telling us that no one has heard from him since he saved at the bar by taking me to the hospital. I still haven't told my parents what happened between Ethan and I and what led me to the hospital.

I can tell Evan feels bad, so I let him off the hook for the night by leaving the party. While I was on my way out, Blossom was laughing when she saw me. I didn't care because she was the last thing on my mind until she accused me of making her boyfriend fall in love with me.

I kept on walking, not paying any attention to her because she is an attention-seeker. I went on a walk thinking, which led to me crying because there is a hole in my heart that was once filled, but now empty. I was having a mini panic attack because Ethan made me fall in love with him and he did this to me all for some bet with money included. I hope that twenty thousand dollars is worth it to him because he is nothing but a piece of shit.

.......
Ethan P.O.V

I'm a piece of shit for doing that to the woman I truly love. It burns me to know she is somewhere wallowing in her tears because I empty her heart with my selfishness. I don't know what to do because she doesn't want to see me let alone be around my presence.

I haven't spoken to her since she told me she doesn't want to see me when I saved her from the incident that happened in the bar. I called her parents to come up to the hospital because the doctors had to pump her stomach because she mixed alcohol with caffeine which apparently destroyed her system all together. I respect her wishes for not wanting to see me, but I left her a letter telling her why I agree to it and how she changed me.

I hope she reads the letter to understand me a little better. I have been at the lake house because I don't want to see Blossom and the rest of them. I know my sister has been checking up on me, but that was the last thing I needed at this moment. Father has been checking up on me as well because he has been concerned since the last time we saw each other. I can't even cook without thinking about Holly let alone go into the lake because we shared a lot of good memories.

I'm lost without her and my whole world is crashing because I hurt the woman I truly love. As I think about our time together, it makes me burst into tears because I breathe her and I need her in my arms as she smiles at me. When she kisses me with her soft kiss, it reminds me of the embrace my mother and I used to have before she passed. She means the whole world to me and I ruin that by betting on her for twenty thousand dollars. I know she will not forgive me, but I will try to fix it as much as I can.

One morning I receive her messages about the assignment we have together in class. I couldn't respond to her because it hurts me to see her face if she receives a text from me. ''Fuck why would I ruin something precious like that for.'' I think to myself as I think of her face smiling back at me.

I went downstairs to box for a little bit to get her out of my mind because she is my everything. As I kept on hitting the bag, I kept reminding myself that she deserves better and I can't help myself to love her more. I self torture myself by hitting the bag and making myself bathe in cold water with ice inside just to feel the pain.

I wanted to feel pain also alive but I know she is going through torture just knowing I have hurt her and there is nothing I can do to mend her broken heart. I know she doesn't want to see me, so not responding at all makes it better for the both of us. While I self-torture; I overheard Bethany presence in the house looking for me.

She found me as I buried myself inside of the ice bath. ''Ethan!'' She shouts. She sticks her arms in trying to get me up. I kept fighting with her to leave me in until she got me. ''Are you trying to kill yourself?'' She asks.

''If it takes all of my strength to.'' I replied.

''You need to return because she is texting me for your whereabouts.'' Bethany stands there.

''I can't because I hurt her.'' I burst down crying right in front of my sister. She held me as I cried into her arms telling her I love her and I don't think I can face her.

''I know.'' My sister didn't like how I was feeling because she knew this was the one and this is why she wanted to get out of the game. Bethany waited for me to get dressed because it was time for me to get back on campus although I am not ready to see her.

We were on our way as I lay on the window thinking about our time together. Bethany was driving us back to campus. We arrived on campus around ten thirty because we stopped at our house because she needed something. She took my bag telling me it was time for me to get out of the car. I couldn't move, let alone get out of the car because I know I will see her in class tomorrow just to talk about the project.

''I don't think I can face her tomorrow.'' I said.
''Don't worry.'' Bethany reassures me. I got out of the car slowly knowing we had memories here as well. I headed to my dorm room where Lion was waiting for me with Evan although I was not in the mood to talk. Lion and Evan help Bethany out with me and she tells me to watch out for me since she found me in a ice bath.

''Oh, another thing is to not tell Scarlett and Blossom that Ethan is back.'' Bethany tells them as she kisses my forehead telling she loves me. I couldn't sleep because I remember when she was in my room where we were playing a pillow fight with one another as I let her win just to get a kiss from her.

''Fuck..'' I got up from my bed because it reminded me of her too much. I told Lion that I am keeping his bed and he can have mine. Lion didn't mind but I didn't want him laying on my bed because I wanted to remember her scent. She smells like a sweet vanilla hazelnut with caramel drops on her vanilla scent. I got up from his bed pulling the sheets off on mine by placing new ones on my bed. I slept next to the sheets she once laid on.

''I am here for you.''Lion says.

''Thanks man.'' Lion went to speak to Evan. Evan said he cannot see me like this because we should have stopped the bet instead of letting him get his heart broken.

''Yeah man.'' Lion sighs.

They are broken hearted.
Read to find out more.