28

Bethany walked in through the door smiling while I was busy reading. I got a little distracted by her coming into the room where she told me her big news.

"Wow, congrats." I hugged her. I can't believe she is engaged. Lion proposed to her saying he can't live without her. She knows it has been some months since they've been dating, but she knows it's love. I am so happy for her because she deserves it and that's when she told me I deserve love as well.

''Thanks.'' I wasn't looking for love until it found me, but it hurt me, so I want to lay off for some time until I am ready. I went back to my reading while Bethany handled her stuff until she invited me to their lake house for this weekend.

''The lake house your brother took me to?'' I asked until she told me they have another lake house out of the state. She will get everything set up for me, so that I don't need to worry about anything. I ask her if she thinks it will be weird to go knowing Ethan doesn't know. She smiles saying there is nothing to worry about.

Bethany left going to class, but before she left she told me she will not be coming back to the room. I left to head to my next class where I bump into Dan as he gives me an invitation to his wedding. I opened up the invitation seeing that his wedding is next weekend, so I congratulated him.

''I hope you come.'' He says.

''Thanks for the invite.'' I look at it once again and he tells me I can bring a plus one if I want. I will have to let him know if I am bringing a plus one. I know I don't want to bring Ethan to this wedding because he doesn't like Dan nor does Dan. While I was on my way to get to class, I called my mom to talk to her because I needed her advice.

''Mom, how are you?'' I asked.

''Honey, are you fine?''

''I am so confused.''

''Why?''

''I have been seeing him again, but as friends.'' I said while my mother was contemplating what she wanted to say to me about Ethan. I know she is going to tell me that Ethan broke my heart, and it was her and dad that was helping me pick up the pieces after him. Instead of her telling me how much he hurt me; she tells me it is up to me to choose if I want Ethan back into my life. He is back in my life, and I still love him, but I don't know if I am ready to begin another relationship with him because I am still struggling with my trust issues. My head would tell me he is bad news while my heart is telling me that I am ready to be with him. I should take it slow to take some time to know what I want in my life and where I can place Ethan in my life.

I was getting my assignment done during class until I saw the message Ethan sent me. I read it texting him back that I am coming to his lake house this weekend. He was shocked to hear that I am coming, but he is excited for me to come since he suspected that Bethany was the one who invited me. After class, I went to work while I was contemplating my own love issues because my ex is getting married next weekend while the other one is confusing my mind and my heart.

I got back to my dorm where I happened to see Ethan inside of my room. ''What the heck?'' I was scared because he was laying on my bed in the dark. ''I wanted to see you.'' He smiles.

''You scared the shit out of me.'' I place my backpack down on my chair while I take my towel and my toiletries.

''I saw it all.'' He says.

''I know, but this time I want to be naked without you seeing me.'' I said.

''Ok.'' He took a book off my desk and started to read it. I went to shower and when I came back, he was sleeping.

''You look sexy sleeping there.'' I said.

''Thank you.'' He stares at me while I am getting dressed, I couldn't help but jump on him just to bother him.