Chapter 2

(The name of the college is made up. If there's any college with the same name, then it is completely unintentional and coincidental. Also, I do not take credit for the picture.)

HONEY SAMUELS

"Honeyyyy?! Honey wake up!"

I groan as I hear my mom's frustrated shout as she tries to wake me up.

"I've been calling you for the past 10 minutes cupcake!! GET UP. NOW! Or I'm going to have to come up there!"

I slowly open my eyes and cuddle further in the sheets and simply stare at the ceiling because of the huge mirror fixed there and see my disheveled self. I pouted. I'm so not in the mood for college today. I'm so socially awkward that it's embarrassing. Well that's what you get when you're home schooled all your life.

What's the point of sheltering me if you're gonna make me go to Uni anyway? I would never know. I'm so not in the moo- I hear my mom's footsteps and get out of the bed and dash into the bathroom before she kills me.
I let out a little laugh. Who am I kidding? My mom loves me to death. I'm kind of like a pampered princess, except for the princess part... More like a pampered pauper. Cool? Yep.

"Good that you're in there honey. Hurry up or you'll be late for your first day." my mom says from out of the bathroom door.

I mumble an okay and do all the morning stuff and come out in a towel. I sigh as I open my closet and remove my skin colored lingerie and my favourite white sundress and my peep toe heels.

I dress up, dry my hair and brush it a million times and take my book purse and come down with a long face. As I sit down ready to sulk, my mom puts a plate of pancakes with homemade chunky raspberry sauce and some cream. My face breaks into a big smile as I look at mom shocked and she chuckles pinches my cheek "Well I can't let my cupcake be sad now can I?"

I giggle "You're the best mom!" She winks and makes a 'don't I know it face' and says "Now hurry up and eat or we're both going to be late."

My mom is really pretty and the best person in the world, too bad my 'dad' couldn't see it. My mom is an IT engineer in one of the mediocre companies so her pay is a bit low than she deserves. But I don't feel the need of anything else in my life, I'm content in just the way it is.

We finish our breakfast and hop in my mom's car and drive off.

IMPERIAL COLLEGE OF COMMERCE AND TECHNOLOGY

I gulp as I see the name written in big, bold, gold letters on a blue background. Great I'm intimidated already. My mom senses my nervousness and puts her hand on mine "You're going to be fine cupcake. Just attend all the lectures, make friends with good people and stay away from bad people."

If it only were that easy mom. How do I even know if a person is good or bad? I'll just keep it low key today. I mentally laugh. I'm always low key.

Anyways. I nod at my mom and give her a tentative smile.

She sighs "Did you wear your boyfriend ring?"

I show her my left hand and she nods in approval "Good."
She feels if I have a ring, I can ward off unwanted guys. My mom gave me this ring, and I'm not deceiving anybody, you wear a ring on your left ring finger when it's given to you by the person you love and I love my mom.

I kiss her on the cheek, wish her a good day and get out of the car.

I calm my nerves as I stand infront of the gates, take a deep breath and start walking. When I get in, I look back at my mom's car and wave. I couldn't see if she waved back, because it was far and drove off. I let out a breath.