Chapter 9

(I do not take credit for the picture.
Video: Helpless When She Smiles by Backstreet Boys)

BRANDON TATE

I sighed as I plopped on my bed. That hot shower was needed. After everything that happened today, the worst part was letting Ms.R know.

She was heartbroken to say the least. She hugged Honey tight, as she cried. She really loves her daughter more than the normal limit. Nothing wrong in that though. Honey deserves all that love and care, and more.

But the thing that touched me was the kiss on my cheek, full of love, by Ms.R, as she continuously thanked me for saving her "cupcake".

My mom never kissed me, ever.

I was humbled when Ms.R put a hand over my shoulder and served both me and Honey, home cooked pasta and salad. It was delicious. Don't remember the last time I had something home cooked.
I guess you need a home for that. Right?

After dinner, Honey had showered and changed, Ms.R massaged her jaw and put some ointment on the bruise on her cheek to stop it from swelling and ordered Honey to sleep on her side so that the ointment doesn't touch the pillow. I covered her with her colorful quilt, till her neck, loving the fruity scent from her still partially wet hair. I kissed her lips once she slept and grudgingly left after telling goodnight to her mom.

My phone dinged on the side table , bringing me out of my thoughts, and I picked it up and saw a message from none other than the girl who was occupying my thoughts.

"Thank you Brandon. For everything."

I immediately smiled, but then remembered that I sat beside her bed till she slept and frowned. Why is she awake? Is her cheek or jaw hurting? I immediately called her.

"Hello?"

My frowned disappeared, I loved her voice over the phone, it sounded like a 6th grader "Weren't you sleeping?" I asked.

"Yes... but... then I turned, to find myself alone and I miss-" she stopped abruptly. I could imagine her cheeks becoming pink.

I grinned "Miss-what? Are you missing me Princess?"

There was a long pause before a little quiet "Yes."

Just one word. Three letters. And a lifetime of happiness.

She misses me. I was grinning like a fool. No one has ever missed me before.

"I miss you too Honey." I sighed solemnly. "But I had to leave, I couldn't sleep over now could I?"

I would love to but I don't know what Ms.R would think about that.

I knew she was pouting. Oh how I wish she was here with me.

"Does your jaw hurt? And your cheek? Is it paining? Your mom kept the ointment and some painkillers on your table. Do you know how many painkillers to take? One or two. Not more."

"My jaw doesn't hurt much now, but my cheek has a little burning feeling which I don't like, maybe because of the ointment."

My jaw clenched on hearing her sad voice. How dare that bastard raise his hand on Honey?

"Brandon?"

I swallowed my anger "Hmm?"

"In the car... you said..."

"That you are mine." I emphasized each word. "We like each other. We'll go on dates, we'll be a couple. You're mine Honey. Don't think otherwise." I stated.