Chapter 22

(I do not take credit for the picture.)

There is no such thing as NYC Finance Co. It is purely fictional, and if you find a company named NYC Finance Co., it is purely coincidental.

BRANDON TATE

I open the door looking for my princess, I'm panting, I don't know why though.

I searched for her everywhere, I should have checked our bedroom first.

Stupid.

I see the bed empty but one thing causes me to frown, there's blood on the sheets.

Is she on her periods?

No she was just done with it a week back.

But where is she?

I walk towards the ensuite washroom and open the knob, my hands are shaking.

Why the fück are my hands shaking??

A loud gasp leaves me as I see what's in front of me.

My princess!!

She's fully naked on the bathroom floor-carpet near the sink, her small shivering body full of bruises, also bleeding.

I can hear her soft cries and it's breaking each and every cell in me.

I want to rush to her and capture her in my arms but I can't... I- I'm rooted to the spot.

She sniffs and wails, slowly lifting her trembling head and looks at me with her empty, ghostly, watery eyes. Her lips quiver as she sobs "W...why?" her teary eyes water more, but then her eyes roll back and her head bangs the floor as she lays there almost lifeless.

I gasp as my eyes open with a start, my body jerks and the first thing I see is my princess' innocent sleeping face.

I look around without moving my head... I'm in my room.

What the fück was that nightmare???!!!! It felt so real.

My heart is still thumping hard and I can feel sweat trickle down my temple. I feel Honey twitch and see an adorable frown come across her face.
"Brandon my hand." she sleepily whines.

I only then notice our position. My head is on her chest, my leg on top of her, fully pulling her to me and my hand has a firm hold on her small wrist.

I immediately loosen my hold on her dainty wrist and see her frown disappear slowly, making me kiss her cheek and sit up slowly, not wanting to wake her up.

I pick up my phone from the bedside table and see the time.

5:04 a.m.

On the screen I also see my eyes.

They're bright blue.

I close my eyes and concentrate to make my eyes back to normal and when they do, I sit and think about my dream- no nightmare.

My cherished princess... she was so hurt. Physically and emotionally.

Why was that??? The look on her face...

Her lively aqua eyes look so dull and heartbroken.

I shuddered still trying to calm the fück down. But I can't calm down!!

No. I'll not let anything happen to my princess. She's my life.

I feel something and look down to see Honey sleepily flail her arms searching for me and when she feels my thigh, she circles her arms around my waist and curls herself around me from behind and sighs, not wanting to loose contact.