Chapter 27

(I do not take credit for the picture.)

HONEY TATE

I look out to see the beautiful beach view of the sunny Long Island coast as we are driven to Brandon's mansion.

I couldn't even say goodbye to Brandon's flat which was my home for a while. I loved it there. Everything was perfect.

A strong kiss on my cheek brought me out of my thoughts "Why are you pouting-" he kisses me on my lips "-princess?" he kisses me again.

"You'll love our mansion baby." he continues somehow reading my thoughts even before I could answer, pulling me into him whilst pecking my head.

I sigh and snuggle into him closing my eyes. I miss my mom.

She sounded sad when I told we got married. Disappointed mostly. But she stopped crying and was happy again when I told her we would get married again just as she wanted her cupcake to get married.
"We're here sweetheart." Brandon pecked my head.

I sighed and looked out the window and I lost my breath.

He was not lying when he said mansion. It's a mansion alright. It's a mega mansion.

As we were driven inside the gates, and into the perfect driveway, I could see a big garden with a huge gazebo complete with lawn chairs and all the works.

The doors were opened for us and we got out of the car.
My hand was enclosed in his palm as he tugged me towards the door.

I was hugely intimidated by the grandeur of this building. Brandon's apartment looked like a food truck compared to this! Mom's house looked like a cardboard box.

I squealed when I was picked off of the ground and into Brandon's strong arms and looked up to see him looking at me with a grin.

BRANDON TATE

I grinned when my baby looked at me with her big startled aquatic eyes and a cute little involuntary pout.

She's just so cute. She'll never stop being cute. Never. She'll always be my little sweetheart.

I kissed her pout and then her forehead "I have to carry my wife over the threshold don't I? That's what husbands do." I coo.

Her expression softens and she looks at me with a dazed expression that I missed out for so long.

I enter the house and I have to jerk my chin up to make her look inside because she's staring at me.

She looks at the house and gasps. Her lovely eyes wide and full of wonder, her cheeks flushed.

I can sense her heartbeats which are faster than ever. I can feel her nervousness and awe. When I try to read her thoughts, it's full of "Oh my God!" and "I cannot believe this!".

Her little head is never focussed on the same place for more than 5 seconds as she finds something more attractive.

I aww in my head, kissing her multiple times and show her each foot of the house with her in my arms, but keep our bedroom for the last.

She was in tears when she saw Simba's room. He had his own dedicated garden and pool. He looked happy.

"This is all too much." she murmured while sniffling. "I kinda loved your apartment you know."

My heart deflates "You don't like any of this princess?"

I am the owner of Tate Industries, I need to live like it. Don't I? I can't stay in an apartment forever. And she's been with me for more than two and a half years, she should know this.