Chapter 28

(I do not take credit for the picture.)

BRANDON TATE

No no no no no no no no no fücking NO.

My eyes are wide. I feel a big punch in my heart as my legs give away and I slump to the ground.

I immediately call her. I see her phone ringing on the ground beside the broken table and lamp.

I crawl to pick it up not paying heed to the glass pieces piercing into my knees and palms.

She left her phone back.

My mouth is open in shock as I feel something wet on my face. My shaky hand feel my cheeks.

I'm crying.

I'm fücking crying.

I can't believe I'm crying. Don't remember the last time I cried.

I look around at our empty damaged bedroom of my dream house.

I have nobody.

With blurry eyes I re-read her note as I open my palm to see the engagement necklace, promise ring and the wedding band.

______

Brandon,
This is my last message to you.
You hurt me. You hurt me so much. I can't take it anymore. I hate you. You are a monster, you're not the Brandon I loved. You hurt me!

Please visit a therapist, please Brandon... please... it will do you good. You need it.

Honey
______

I hate you. I hate you.

I stare at the paper in my hand as those words repeat in my head and watch as my tears fall on top of her tear stains on the paper.

I hate you.

I feel like someone has punched me in the gut each time I read her note.

This is my last message to you.

Another punch.

I close my eyes and think about my life with my princess. I can't... I can't imagine a day without her.

She's my life.

I hastily call her again only to see her phone ringing in my hand.

I stare at the phone. What's it doing in my hand?

The call log says I called her a minute ago.

When?

I re-read the note. The whole room has her scent. I look around and see everything broken and shattered, lying on the ground.

Oh yeah I broke everything.

I re-read the note again, kissing her necklace and rings. They have her subtle fruity scent too.

I remember her flushed happy face when she walked through the garden in our university and ran the whole way to my arms when I gave her the blue ring.

I remember her scream a YES when I proposed to her on the beach.

My smile falters when I see her wedding ring and every memory falls on me like a ton of bricks.

I want my princess. No I need her.

She's all mine.
I don't care if she's unhappy with me.
I don't care if she left me.
I don't care if I raped her.
She's mine. She belongs to me.