2

"Okay, Rory, we're here." Jamison Clarke, a middle-aged brown man with graying short hair brought a young woman that looked similar to him but with curly sandy hair pulled into a bottom ponytail to the subway stop. The train connected the two Sectors, both A and B, and would take the young woman to Sector A with no problem. "Do you have everything?"

"Yes." Rory, the young woman nodded. She was more than excited. Although 24 years of age, It was her first-day attending school in person.

Jamison and Rory were a father and daughter that was from Sector B. But Rory was Valedictorian of her high school and one of the rare students chosen to attend Grandell. It was her final year studying, her major was in Engineering. Before, she had done all her studies in an online program. But because of the recent bombings, all students were required to meet at the school for verification purposes.

"Check again."

"Daddy." Rory frowned.

"Check your bag, Rory. Do you have your ID? Notebooks? Pens and Pencils?"

"I have all of that." Rory skimmed through her backpack one last time.

"What about your Doctors note and medication?" Jamison wanted to make sure Rory was equipped with all the necessary items she needed before he sent her off to the other side. Rory knew he was being protective because of her medical condition. She suffered from a kidney disease called IDS, Internal Damage Severe and it prevented her from doing physical activity, and eating certain foods and often caused nausea and shortness of breath.

As of now, her condition wasn't terminal, but he still wanted to make sure she was in great health before he sent her away to Astell. "I have those too."

"Okay. Remember to head to the Dean's office first before going to your first class. He knows about your condition, but make sure you hand the copy to him directly so he can put it in your file."

"I know, Dad." Rory sighed. She was growing impatient.

"Don't eat anything else but the lunch I packed for you. I don't trust Astellians and how they prepare food. And make sure to take 2 pills right after your lunch period. And after class, you can study or have fun at small shops near the school, but don't venture to the Outside gate. Come straight home. You have to be back by 10 tonight."

"Yes, I know." Although Rory was going to Grandell on a full scholarship, they wouldn't allow anyone from Sector B to stay in the dorms. She'd rather come back and sleep in her bed anyways.

"Them Astellians aren't like us Bracketers, Rory. They have completely different ideologies and outlooks on life. Most of them have never experienced suffering as we have. So if you hear them talking about the Brackets negatively, keep your mouth shut and mind your business. You're there to focus on your studies, not make friends. Don't start trouble, and don't share too much about your life here."

"But what if I meet someone there who wants to be my friend?"

"Astellians aren't our friends. They're there to get you the help you need so you can succeed. Understand?"

"Okay." Rory bit her lip anxiously.

"Don't talk about your ideas. Don't mention anything about your gadgets. No rambling about your inventions."

"I don't ramble!"

"Don't talk aimlessly about them." Her father quipped.

"But I—"

"Listen to me, Rory. Those people are crazy and will eat you alive out there. When you get there, try to blend in, and don't draw too much attention to yourself. The Astellian Generals will be keeping a close eye on all those from Sector B. The last thing we need is them suspecting you or harming you."