6

A week went by and Decha's head was still clouded by the tainted memory of Chai. He was so distracted that he didn't care much that Rory continued her routine every single day. Seriously, she wouldn't leave him alone. She'd always wait for him by the main entrance of the school and follow him to class or the dining hall.

Although irritated by her actions, it wasn't too hard to deal with. She kept quiet when he wanted and stayed behind him. The majority of their time together was spent by Rory with her head dug close to her tablet. She studied her heart out.

"I've got to figure out what that memory was," Decha mumbled and massaged his temple. "When was it? About 4 years ago?" He moaned.

He racked his brain for what he saw but couldn't figure it out. Deep despair came to him when the emotion attached to the memory replayed. "Stupid, head." Decha smacked himself. "Think."

But he couldn't. Decha gave up and arrived at the entrance of Grandell. He realized he had to switch on his undercover act. When he stepped up onto a stair, he noticed that Rory wasn't around.

"Where the heck is she?" Decha muttered to himself and glanced both ways. He eyed the large clock on the building. He wasn't late for class. He arrived at his usual time. Why wasn't she standing in her usual spot? Why did he care? "I don't care." He swore to himself.

He waited about two minutes before deciding that she was probably late or absent. He needed to get to class, not to study, but to at least be there so Professor Mass wouldn't complain to Director Chen.

However, when he took one more step, he heard soft coughing and some soft voices. He paused and turned his head to the right to pay closer attention to the noise.

"I can't stand you! You're all the same! You pretend to be the victim, and make it as if we are the bad guys!" Decha heard a familiar voice. What was the redhead's name? Decha couldn't remember, but he knew the voice belonged to her.

Decha turned and sauntered around the building. He was a bit surprised to find Rory there, along with the redheaded student and her friends.

"Say something! Darn it!" The redhead girl screamed in Rory's face. "Why are you here? Go back to your home if you can't take it!"

"Haley, calm down. We don't want to hurt her."

"No, I'm tired of her. She walks around like she's some princess. Someone ought to teach her about her place."

"I don't carry myself the way you think," Rory mumbled. "I'm only here to study. If you're bothered by it, that's your problem."

"Did you hear what the skank said?" Haley sneered and glanced at her friends. Then she shoved Rory to the wall and began smacking her. Rory held her arms in front of her face to block the blows. She didn't want to go back home with another scar. Her father would notice and force her to quit school. "Fight me!" Haley's fist hit Rory's ear and scraped it. Small droplets of blood began to stream down the side of Rory's face.

Rory hunched over to block the hits and tried her best to hold in her tears. She needed to find a way to escape and fast. Her heart was pounding heavily, and she could feel herself growing sick. Her Head was spinning.

Haley stopped hitting Rory and glanced at her backpack. "Give it to me. Let's teach her a lesson she'll never forget.

"What?" Haley's friend number one frowned. "Haley, I thought you just wanted to scare her off a bit."

"Give me my bag!" Haley hissed and glanced at Rory. "We don't need lowlifes like you coming to Grandell to disgrace the rest of us Students who practically pay for your scholarship." Haley snatched the bag out of her friend's hand. She flipped it open and dug inside it frantically before pulling out a small red can. It was pepper spray.