16

Amir was placed in a resting capsule.

He wasn't dead, but he was placed in a vegetative state. The capsule was designed to strengthen the muscles and minds of those who went into shock. The vegetative state Generals were placed in wasn't typically life-threatening, but it meant that Amir could take a long time to wake up. Up to 5 years.

Never did he ever think he'd see Amir lose this fight so easily. Decha balled his fists and clenched his jaw, before looking to his feet. Fury fueled his blood.

Chen placed his hand on Decha's shoulder and tapped on it twice, an Astellian man's sign of comfort. But Chen never exchanged any other words with him as he walked out of the room.

Decha stepped forward and placed his hands on the capsule. "I'm going to avenge you if it's the last thing I do." Decha felt the warmth in his ears as he became more irate. He was more than vexed. He was more than infuriated.

He didn't know how to describe it. But he was livid that the people behind the Walls collapse had played him out into a fool. Even after setting a system in place, he played right into their trap.

No more games. He didn't want to play anymore. Now was the time to get serious, and find the culprit behind it all. And when he found whoever did it, he was going to give them a slow and agonizing death.

"Wait for it, Amir." Decha dropped his hands to his side and strode out of the room.

First things first, he had to go to the council and get the footage of the explosion. There had to have been at least 3 or 4 bombs that went off to have caused such a disaster. He needed to see if any of the motion detectors captured the vitals of the individuals working at the border around that time.

~~~

Rory felt stiff and sore. Her body was screaming out in pain.

When she woke up, she didn't know where she was. It looked like a hospital room, but she figured it couldn't be. Although she was hooked up to an oxygen machine and her arm had an IV running out of her arm, the room looked too luxurious.

Rory moved her hand slightly and her fingers glazed across a key panel. A holographic screen opened above her, and it scared her. The screen displayed her vitals and heart rate.

This was definitely an Astellian hospital.

Rory moaned and turned her head to the left. There was a window with thin fabric curtains to cover the clear opening, but Rory could see the sunrise. She then turned to the right and saw the couch, the large flat-screen TV, and the rest of what looked like a lounge.

There was also the door, and right outside of it, she saw two bulky-looking men dressed in black uniforms standing and equipped with guns.

Rory fought so hard to try and remember how she got there. The last thing she remembered was being surrounded by black fog, but she couldn't tell if it was all a dream or not.

Rory's thoughts were interrupted when the doors to her right opened, and she saw a nurse pushing in a tall and round metallic machine she had never seen before. The two men shut the door behind her after she was completely inside, but she paused when saw Rory sitting up and wide awake.

"Oh! You're awake." The woman voiced monotone and walked over to her. "Your vitals are stable now. So that's good to see. That's a lot of improvement compared to hours ago. How do you feel?"

"... Sore?" Rory croaked shamefully. The woman was a general. She had braided blonde hair that was tied back neatly and only 3 pins on her lab coat. The nametag listed the woman's name and number, Kristy Lane, N8788.