12

"It took you long enough," Amir grumbled and slammed his palms on the hand scanner to open up the door to storage. "Do you know how long I waited here?"

"Enough." Decha rolled his eyes. "Stop complaining. Let's go."

"Director Chen sure kept a lot of junk in here. Look at all this crap! Most of these are from Bracketer cases, you know." When the door opened, the two walked inside. Amir was pointing at all the files that were placed in boxes and on high shelves, files that dated back 100 or so years. "Those people commit the most crimes."

"Most doesn't mean all. There are some Astellian strays here and there." Decha turned a corner and sauntered down a column of more files. Decha was looking for the bag that was taken in when they arrested Lindsey. It wasn't the bomb itself, but if they were able to find out the material for the improvised explosive device, it would make it easier for them to trace where he got the bomb from.

"There you go, defending them again."

"Help me look for a Black bag, Amir, I don't have that much time."

"I'm looking, I'm looking." Amir snorted and waved his hand over one of the boxes. On each of the shelves were small lights placed under them, they were motion activated. One of the lights flickered on and made it easier for the two men to look through the boxes. "That's not it," Amir's face went red when his fingers touched a piece of underwear.

"I don't wanna know where that came from," Decha sniggered.

"A drunk man by the border, probably." Amir wiped his hands on his uniform, scrunching his face in disgust."

"I think this is it," Decha took a thick black bag out of one of the boxes and placed it on the floor. He unzipped it, but Amir placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Careful, we don't know if there are any more bombs active."

"There isn't." Decha snorted and pulled out the black box with a bunch of keys and a screen. "The forensics team and lab technicians already made sure that this thing was completely disabled when they brought it in."

"We don't truly know that,"

"Otherwise, a bomb would've gone off and everyone in the agency would've been killed."

"That's not funny, Decha."

Decha ignored Amir's complaints and flipped the box over. He pulled out a blaster pistol from his pocket and aimed it at the box.

"Wait! Decha! No—"

Decha pulled the trigger and a blast hit the box. There was now a big hole in the middle of the box. Inside it was wires and a battery.

"I told you it was disabled, don't act like a baby." Decha yanked out the battery and held it high to take a closer look at the light. There were words, but not in their language. It was written in symbols, like a code. Unfortunately, he didn't major in anything technology, and he didn't have the time to read an entire book on it. "We may have to visit the Agency's Computer Lab and ask someone to decipher this."

"I have a friend who can do it in 10 minutes." Amir nodded. "Follow me."

The two left the storage room and locked it behind them. They took an elevator to the floor above, and Amir greeted everyone joyously. The moment they walked into the lab, he called out for his friend boisterously. "Henry! It's been a while!" Amir punched a blonde man with baggy clothes on his shoulder. The man was skinny, so the impact made him fall forward.

"Amir!" Henry coughed and caught himself before he fell completely. "You haven't changed. How's work out in the field going?"

"Okay, not too bad. It could be better." Amir snickered and placed his hands on his waist. His chest was puffed out, it was almost as if Amir changed into a different person when around Henry.