63

There was no one behind the doors as they whizzed open. It was dark and quiet. Decha stepped out of the elevator and carefully observed the room. Each step he took clacked across the entire area. The echoes of his boots intimidated both Amir and Jax, who were still inside.

"It's a laboratory," Rox gestured to various machines placed in different parts of the room. "These are used to print and construct battle gear. Exactly like the ones at the Agency."

"How did you know that the Agency supplies these?" Decha eyed her suspiciously.

"Rory has provided me with information on the layout of the building. From top to bottom, I know about the prison cells, the offices, the armory, combat training rooms, the cafeteria, the infirmaries, and the director's office at the very top. Perhaps Rory studied these from somewhere."

"It's starting to get weird to hear you talk about Rory when you're modeled and look exactly like her." Decha sighed. "It's not helping."

"Shall I act as her and offer you comfort?" Rox frowned.

"No thanks—"

"You can do it, Decha," Rox's accent changed completely and she grabbed onto his arm. "We're all rooting for you!"

Decha's heart ached and his expression softened. He almost forgot it was a hologram standing before him, and not the woman he wanted to save.

"That is what Rory would say, sir." Rox went back to her normal way of speaking and released him. "Your heart rate increased. Your temperature is rising. I suggest cooling off, Sir."

"Darn it," Decha wiped his face with the back of his hand. "Don't do that again."

"Command saved. I won't act as Rory unless you order it." Rox nodded.

"Amir, come and inspect these machines." Decha walked over to one that was big and made to step inside. Decha pressed his fingers against the metal and looked at the two. "It's still warm."

Before anyone could say anything else, POYO burst in from above and landed right in the center. The ceiling crumbled and almost gave out. POYO's landing shook the entire building. Then it zipped forward and snatched Decha by the arm before flinging him into Amir.

The two rolled across the concrete, with Decha on top of his friend.

Jax panicked and began to shoot at POYO, but it whizzed out of the way after two beams struck it. Amir and Decha struggled to get off of each other, slipping from the awkward position the two were in.

"Guys! A little help if you don't mind!" Jax shrieked when POYO formed a blaster in its hand and aimed at him.

Decha groaned and sprinted in front of Jax. Each beam POYO fired, Decha was able to block and reflect it with the two rods. While Decha was distracted, a few scientists ran in from the elevator with blasters in their hands.

Amir pulled himself up and blocked their attacks by flicking the dial again. The blasters broke and all scientists fell to the ground, unconscious.

Jax noticed two men from above aiming at Amir and firing at them, destroying their weapons as well.

Decha dodged one of POYO's hits and sliced its torso. POYO grabbed his leg and tossed Decha aside, but Decha latched onto the wall with his enhanced grip and jumped right back toward it. "Agh!" Decha connected the rods to form the staff and swung as hard as he could.

POYO flung away from the three men and Decha landed swiftly on the ground before wiping his sweat away.

"Geez, Decha." Jax chortled.