33

I created a world map of both Sectors before the Collapse. I realized this world is massive. You can cross reference from earlier chapters :)!

The next morning, Rory woke up feeling very embarrassed

The next morning, Rory woke up feeling very embarrassed. She remembered the dream so clearly. It was stuck in the forefront of her mind.

The kiss felt so real. In the dream, Rory thought that Decha's lips were very soft. She knew deep down that it would never happen to her in reality. She was ashamed that she even dreamt it.

Rory got out of bed and walked up to the mirror on the dresser. Her gift was still there. The earrings dimmed because of the sunlight peering through the curtains. But she felt bad that she asked for and accepted the gift.

She didn't want to come across as demanding. Rory took down her hair and let the strange fall right below her earlobe. She fluffed the hair a bit, making sure it had a bit of volume, just enough to hide the studs.

When she finished, she walked out of the bedroom and made her wait down the hall toward the living room and kitchen. She smelled meat cooking.

When she walked in, the aroma of eggs, rice, and meat smacked her in the face. It was a pleasant smell, and her stomach was starting to growl because of it. Theodore Chen was at the large dining table, reading something on a tablet, while Jessica was stirring a spoon around in a small pot.

Rory felt a warm presence behind her. Decha nudged her aside gently before walking toward the table and sitting down. She noticed that his hair was damp. He must've just washed it.

The kiss in her dream flashed in her mind briefly, and she felt too embarrassed to sit next to him. She felt sick that her body craved another kiss from him. How would it feel if it was real?

Rory swallowed hard, forcing a lump of air down her throat. She needed to get her mind out of the gutter. Rory dragged her feet to the table and cautiously sat next to Decha, who was already eating what looked like rice porridge out of his bowl.

Jessica set a plate down in front of her husband and gave him the stink eye. "Theodore, you know I hate when you read at the table."

"I'm looking over important paperwork." He replied with a frown.

"If paperwork is more important than the food I cook for you, you can starve." Jessica forced a smile and kissed him on the side of his face. It was a warning. "Rory, you look so pretty with your hair that way."

Both of the men had their eyes on her, and her eyes remained glued to the food in front of her. "Thanks."

"So Decha, where'd you run off to yesterday? You left early." Jessica sat down and grabbed onto her coffee mug. She sipped on it slowly while studying him like a Lion.

"I went to go run an errand," Decha replied, stuffing his mouth with another spoonful of the porridge.

"Oh. Did you have any special plans yesterday during the Holiday? A lot of people went out. There were so many couples at the park yesterday."