52

We got stuck on the road for 4 hours on Saturday :') I'm okay...

~~~

Rory woke up first.

She didn't know the exact time, but it looked like the sun was about to rise. It was pretty early.

Decha was still in a deep sleep. To Rory, that was a good sign. Not only did it mean she could sneak out of the room without anyone noticing, but she could complete what she originally came in for.

She wanted to fix his gloves. Even if what Decha said was true, she felt like she needed to do more.

Decha was skilled in close combat, but the problem was that he was very used to offensive attacks. It's not that he was bad at defensive moves, but he needed to work on them more.

Rory remembered the last time she saw him and Jax fight. Decha was extremely talented. He was fast. He was focused. But he lacked a range of defense.

Rory pulled the gloves off of his hands carefully. Fortunately for her, she remained in his slumber. The wound must've had a strong impact on him. He had never been this sound before.

Rory rubbed her thumb across the padding. What exactly could she do for Decha to utilize both defensive and offensive attacks to his full capability?

Weapons were illegal to make without a license, so she needed to find a way to upgrade the gloves without breaking the law.

Although she saw him fight, she still didn't know where his skill set lies. How much could he do? He was able to shoot a blaster gun although close combat was his primary focus.

Rory stopped to think. Close combat ranged in variety. If she remembered correctly, Sector A had an ancient traditional fighting technique. The history books she read at Grandell said so.

Rory pulled out her phone and began to search for the name of it, or the description she could best think of.

"Astell's ancient treasure..." Rory mumbled to herself in reading. "The void staff is one of the oldest weapons in Astellian history. It was crafted by a hybrid man...?" Rory scrolled down to read more.

The article described a weapon that was used in the first war. It was a wooden staff with sharp tongs at the ends of it. The weapon was great for blocking blows, as well as striking an opponent from a close or wide range.

It was ranked under the close combat category. But the rating for it was low, as the technique got lost over time. No one remembered how to fight the same way. A few false historians have claimed to know it, but they were proven to be phonies.

Other than that, there wasn't much information on the skill.

Rory sighed in disappointment, but she didn't lose hope. She wanted to craft something similar within the gloves. A long staff seemed too much for Decha. So she got the idea of splitting them into two short sticks that would connect to a staff when necessary.

She acknowledged that Decha was a fast learner. He was good with both of his hands. Two sticks were probably better than one. The staff would materialize in his hands and disappear the moment he finished fighting.

And what if she added an extra effect? She wanted to use the same energy from blasters in the staff.

The energy beams that came out of Astellian weapons were coated in a barrier heavy enough to knock someone back or prevent a strike as if it were a shield.

Rory nodded to herself. She liked that idea very much. But she had to work fast. She wasn't sure how long Decha would stay asleep.

~~~