55

Read A/N after this chapter

~~~

"I recognize that fabric and use of material. The symbol on the padding. It's her signature." Jamison eyed Decha suspiciously.

Decha swore under his breath.

Just like that, he'd been caught.

"She made them for me," Decha admitted and Jamison's eyes widened. Jamison didn't want to believe it, but he knew Rory. The girl was stubborn. She was very naive and always wanted to do things for others despite her condition preventing her.

Jamison knew that Rory had a bad habit of always wanting to be involved. But the trait was beneficial because she was always observant. "She bothered you..." Jamison clenched his fists. "She'll never learn... she's always rambling about her gadgets..."

"I'm grateful to her." Decha raised his fist and turned them under the light. "These saved my life."

"But won't she get in trouble for it? Messing around with inventions unauthorized is against the law."

"These aren't weapons..." Decha voiced. "She'll be okay."

"Could you please deliver a message? Tell her that I'm worried, but don't mention how I look right now. Tell her that I love her."

Now that Jamison was released, it would be easier for the two to communicate. Decha didn't want to, but there was no excuse he could use to refuse. Decha sighed and slid a small tablet that was sitting on the table across. Then he pointed at it.

"Tell her yourself. Write a letter. I'll give it to her."

"... Are you sure?"

"I haven't lied to you before." Decha frowned. "Hurry, before I change my mind."

Jamison eyed Decha a moment longer. He was hesitant. But he did start writing and smiled to show the deep appreciation that he finally had the chance to.

~~~

Decha was about to be on his way when Theodore requested to see him. When he walked into the office, he was very surprised to see that it wasn't only his father, but one of the council members.

Kanemaru Stein. The head of construction. If anything were to be built, it needed to be approved by this guy. But something was telling Decha that he wasn't there to discuss building projects.

"Stein," Decha saluted him respectfully and glanced at Theodore.

"You look exhausted." Kanemaru smiled softly. "Reminds me of my boy before he went off to train."

Decha didn't respond, so Theodore chimed in. "I've approved the request to send Jamison away, but I contacted Kanemaru to find a secluded location."

"There's no need for that." Decha shook his head. "We already have a place ready for Jamison to stay."

"Don't joke with me, N96. N9899 wouldn't tell me specific details other than Strout's area. I can't accept it unless I know where you'll be stashing him."

"I can't, and I won't tell you. It's for the greater good. All you have to do is trust me." Decha shot back.

"So, I called Stein up for nothing?" Theodore hissed. "Is it your purpose to make my job harder, N96?"

"It's alright." Kanemaru motioned for the two to calm down. "I came because I had something to drop off."

"Did you?" Decha murmured.

Kanemaru reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box. Theodore eyed it in surprise, knowing exactly what it contained. Kanemaru opened it and a small gold pin with a beautiful tiny gem stored in the making shone brightly.