6. That Day

AUTHOR'S POV:

Mikasa, Eren and Carla kept running without looking back, towards Wall Maria.
.

Hannes kept flying, searching for Eren and his family. 'Eren, Carla, Mikasa... please be safe.'

After a moment, he noticed them running.

He landed on a rooftop and let out a sigh. 'I'm glad they are safe.' He turned around. 'I should look for people now.' With that, he jumped off the rooftop and took off.
.
.

All the Garrison soilders were helping the civilian to get in the boat.

"Discard your belongings! Let as many people on as possible!" A soilder shouted.
.

A bag went flying and landed next to other people's discarded luggage.
.

Armin stared at the large crowd of people waiting to be let on, trying to find his friends.

"Armin, sit down." His grandmother said.

"But Eren and Mikasa aren't here yet." Armin said and looked out again.

Then he spotted them, happy to see Carla leading them through the masses so they could get on immediately.

"There they are!" Armin said happily.
.
.

Carla had her hands wrapped around Eren and Mikasa as they were sitting in silence on the boat.

Armin was looking down.
.

People continued to try to get on the ship.
.

The Garrison soilders were firing cannons at the Titans.
.

When the ship was on it's limit, they removed the plank that was connecting the people to the ship.
.

While the soilders were firing cannons, thundering footsteps pierced through that noise.
.

Eren, Carla and Mikasa finally broke out of their shock and looked up.
.

A large red foot with yellow outlines smashed through the street.

Slowly, it's armoured body came into full view of the soilders.

The Armored Titan then ran at it's top speed.

The canons had no effects on it.

It then broke through the Wall Maria gate, sending bricks and boulders and soldiers flying everywhere.

Skidding, it came to a halt.
.

Hannes looked at the massive hole in shock. "The Wall's..."
.

A part of the armor slid down, and it opened it mouth, growling, letting out a cloud of steam.
.

Hannes stared as countless Titans wandered around. "It's over..."
.
.

On the ship, the refugees were having similar thoughts.

"It's all over..."

"The Titans are going to devour humanity again."
.

'This is the end?' Eren thought, mind going back to his home. 'I'll never see that house ever again.' He furrowed his eyebrows. 'It's because of them. The vile creatures.' He clenched his fist. 'I'll never forgive them for this.'

He looked down with furrowed eyebrows. "I'll kill them all. Not sparing a single one of them."

Mikasa kept looking at him with concern as she heard what he said. 'Was it his mother's death that lead him to the path of destruction? But what now?' She looked down. 'Is he going to do the same thing? No he won't... Aunt Carla is safe... alive...' She lifted her scarf a bit. 'Whatever happens, I'll never let him kill innocents this time.'
.
.