28. The Fallen Warriors

AUTHOR'S POV:

The bones and muscles formed quickly along with a dark mop of hair atop the head.

The Jaws Titan cried out.

Grabbing a Titan with her clawed hand, the Jaws swung herself up and bit out the nape before ripping into another's face, flipping and landing on a third Titan and tearing out that Titan's nape with its sharp, pointy teeth.
.

"Ymir..." Christa said softly.

Reiner and Bertolt appeared traumatized behind her.

"Th-That Titan is..." Reiner said and recalled Marcel's death.
.

The Jaws ran along the side of the tower and jumped off, slashing a Titan then springing back as a second tried to capture her.

She jumped it instead.

Taking to the air once more, she did a flip and blinded a Titan with her feet.

The Jaws dodged a Titan, which crashed into the tower.
.

The boys to stumbled and Christa to fall off because of the impact.

But quickly, Reiner grabbed her leg with a dark expression.

"Th-Thanks, Reiner." Christa whimpered as his grip tightened. "Ow, it hurts! Reiner, my leg!"

"Reiner! That's enough!" Connie said and grabbed Christa's shoulders. "Let her leg go! Her leg!"

Reiner was lost in his head.

"Reiner!" Marco yelled, shaking his shoulders.

Reiner finally snapped out of it. "S-Sorry." He apologized once she was standing.

"No, you saved me." Christa said, looking at Reiner.

"Christa... Did you know?" Reiner asked. "That Ymir is a Titan?"

Christa looked at the Jaw Titan. "I had no idea. I was always so close to her, too. How? How could this be?"
.

The Jaws leaped from Titan to Titan, slashing and making blood fly, then hanging from the tower.
.

"That Titan... is Ymir?" Christa finished.

"In other words, she knew some of the secrets of our world." Reiner said, watching the Jaw Titan. "And I never suspected a thing."

"Hey... Do you think she's known about it?" Connie asked, flashing back to the Attacking Titan steaming, both his arms missing, as the trainees watched. "Eren's a Titan, too, but he didn't know until it happened." He thought about Ymir asking for his knife, the things she said and did. "But Ymir is like... she is aware of being a Titan all along."

"Are you saying she might be an enemy of humanity?" Christa asked.

"I'm saying that's one hell of a power to hide." Connie said. "Who knows what she might have been thinking."

"How many more hidden titan shifters are there now?" Marco asked.

"I wonder... What could be Ymir's goal?" Bertolt said.
.

The Jaws Titan jumped back, hanging from the tower.
.

Christa gasped as a Titan grabbed the Jaws' arm, yanking her down.

"Ymir!" Christa yelled.
.

The Jaws Titan continued to struggle with the Titan as more gathered.

She attacked them and attempted to climb the tower, but a Titan caught her ankle.

Digging her nail into the tower, she tried to hold on.

Another Titan grabbed the second leg and the bricks in her hands began to crack.