34. Love Against Time

___________________________________________

It's going to be a long chapter. Enjoy!
___________________________________________

AUTHOR'S POV:

Birds kept chirping outside of Eren's home while the morning sun shone beautifully on the Walls.

Cold wind blew quitely, making the purple Campanula flowers danced while blue butterflies flew here and there.
.

At Eren's home, in his and Mikasa's room, he was preparing to leave while Mikasa was helping him with his preparation.

That's when Carla entered their room and stood at the door way. "Eren, you're leaving early today?"

"Yeah..." Eren said and put some documents in his handbag.

Carla stepped forward and put her hand on Eren's shoulder. "But Eren, you arrived late last night and now, you're leaving early?"

Eren looked at her tiredly. "Oh that." He smiled tiredly. "The Royal Government thought it would be a good idea to hold a meeting at night about a project I don't remember clearly about." He nervously chuckled. "Who even decides these timings? A bat?"

Mikasa giggled, standing accross from him, holding his handbag.

Carla let out a sigh. "Eren." She brought her hand towards his ear and pulled it.

Eren held Carla's wrist. "Ow!"

"You're 18 already, Eren!" Carla said. "Even if you get tired, you shouldn't be spacing out during work hours like that." She brought her hand back. "Do you forget that you're the Mayor of New Shiganshina?"

"Ugh..." Eren said, rubbing his ear.

Mikasa giggled. "You're the Mayor of Shiganshina but still your Mom scolds you?"

"Not you too, Mika!" Eren said, looking at Mikasa, blushing a bit with embarassment. "I was just thinking about home, ok?"

Carla smirked. "You mean Mikasa?"

Mikasa blushed a bit.

Eren nervously chuckled, looking at Carla. "Not only Mika, Mom!" He poked Carla's cheek. "I was thinking about your cooking too."

"Liar." Carla said and giggled.

Eren laughed a bit. Then he glanced at his wrist watch. "I should get going now." He took his handbag from Mikasa. "I'll be coming home anytime during lunch hours." He looked at Mikasa. "So, you don't have to drop off my lunch at my office today."

Mikasa nodded.

"Alright." Eren said and walked out of his room with Mikasa and Carla following behind.

Once near the door, Mikasa took Eren's coat from the coat hanger stand and help him wear it while Carla took his bag from his hand.

"But Eren, won't you get hungry later?" Carla asked with concern.

Eren smiled, looking at Carla. "Don't worry, Mom. I'll get something to eat from any nearby restaurant."

Carla nodded. "Alright."

"It won't be tasty like your cooking but it'll do the work." Eren said.

Carla smiled.

After Eren wore the coat, he took the bag from Carla and smiled. "Bye Mom."

"Bye Eren." Carla said. "Don't eat much from those restaurants, ok? Those foods aren't healthy."

"I won't, Mom." Eren said and turned to Mikasa, smiling.