35. Grow Old Together

AUTHOR'S POV:

One year quickly passed by and the couple turned 19.
.

In just one year, many events happened.
.

To build a sea level canel and expand the space for the refugees to live, with the permission of Royal Government, Eren took down the Walls but kept the Wall Titans on the ocean floor.
.

In a few months and with the help of 6 titans and many workers, the sea level canel was built which passed by Shiganshina, Throst and Ehrmich district to the Capital Mitras.
.

After 4 months, the Survey Corps successfully explored all important places on earth.
.

Armin finished his own book about his experience and published it internationally which gained a good amount of publicity.
.

As per current day, it was the wedding day of Eren and Mikasa.
.

Eren had a man bun like he had in his past life but Mikasa let her hair grow this time.
.

Their wedding was held in the same venue where Carla and Grisha got married 30 years ago.
.

In the pathway down the aisle, there was a gorgeous red carpet.

The surroundings was decorated with white sheets and Campanula flowers.
.

The whole area was filled with a lot of guests.

Kiyomi, Dina, Zeke, Eren's grandparents, Eren and Mikasa's friends, Eren's office staffs and many other people were present there.
.

At the end of the aisle, in front of the wedding officiant, there stood Eren, who just arrived there, wearing a tuxedo, patiently waiting for Mikasa to walk down the aisle.

Armin was standing by the archway next to Eren, being his best man.

That's when Carla, Zeke and Dina approached them with two armed guards following behind.

"You look so handsome, Eren." Dina said, stopping beside Eren, smiling.

"Thank you Mrs. Dina." Eren said, smiling, looking at them.

"Aw. I can't believe my little boy is getting married today." Carla said and giggled.

Eren blushed in embarassment. "Mom, I'm not a little boy anymore! I'm 19 now!"

Dina giggled. "But you're still a little boy for your Mom." She glanced at Zeke. "Isn't that right, Zeke?"

"Yeah." Zeke said, smiling. He looked at Eren. "Best of luck, little brother."

"Thank you brother." Eren said, smiling.

"Now, you're starting to look like Grisha." Carla and Dina said in unison, smiling.

Then they looked at eachother with surprise and giggled.

"You're talking words from my mouth nowadays, Dina." Carla said, smiling.

Dina chuckled.

Eren kept looking at them, smiling.

"Mom, Mrs. Carla we should go to our seat now." Zeke said, looking at them. "The bride may come soon."

"Right." Carla said. Then she turned to Eren and grabbed his shoulders. "Don't be so nervous, ok?" She smiled. "You're going to marry the love of your life today."

"Yeah..." Eren said, smiling.

"Remember my words." Carla said and pinched Eren's cheek. Then she turned around and left with Zeke and Dina to their seat.