36. Lost In the Cruel World (Final Chapter)

___________________________________________

I apologise for the late update.

It's the last chapter of this book.

Enjoy!
___________________________________________

AUTHOR'S POV:

Leaves of the lone tree on that hill danced around silently with the flow of cold wind while butterflies continued to fly over the beautiful Campanula flowers.

Under the lone tree, over the soft grass land, there slept a certain someone in a sitting position, leaning on the tree. A 5 years old girl.

The cold wind around her continued to ruffle her soft black hair while she slept there peacefully... having a strange dream.
.
.
.

The little girl saw the dream through the eyes of a young woman who appeared to be around 17/18 years old.

The young woman was brushing her black hair with a hair brush while she was sitting before a dressing table.

But after a moment, she paused and looked at the mirror with a surprised expression as if she felt someone's presence behind her.
.
.
.

"Frieda! Wake up, Sweetie!" Mikasa says in her usual motherly tone.
.

Mikasa, who was currently 25 years old, was kneeling before her eldest daughter. She was also carrying her youngest 1 year old daughter, Faye, who was currently sleeping, in a baby carrier which was on Mikasa's chest.
.

When Frieda didn't wake up, Mikasa reached out and shook her daughter's shoulders. "Frieda!"

Frieda slowly opened her eyelids, revealing her alluring green eyes. She groaned and looked at Mikasa. "Mom...?" She rubbed her eyes. "When... did you return...?"

Mikasa smiled and ruffled Frieda's hair. "Just a minute ago." She lifted Frieda's purple scarf up a bit to cover her ears.

Frieda yawned and nodded. She smiled as she saw her sleeping younger sister. "She is so cute..." She slowly leaned forward and kissed her sister's forehead lightly.

Mikasa smiled at her daughter. "She indeed is cute... so are you" She pinched Frieda's cheeks.

Frieda blushed a bit. "Thank you, Mom..."

Mikasa lightly giggled at her daughter's shyness. "By the way, why were you sleeping here in cold, Sweetie? I thought you were helping your father in cleaning the stable today? Hm?"

"Oh. I did help Dad, Mom!" Frieda said, smiling. "I helped him with cleaning the stables and feeding the horses for an hour but then I felt sleepy so I requested Dad to let me take a nap and he granted permission to take a nap so I came here to sleep since it's my favourite place."

Mikasa giggled at Frieda's talkativeness. "I see. Let's head inside, Sweetie. You might catch a cold." She stood up.

Frieda nodded and stood up too.

Just then, Eren approaches them from the stable.
.

Eren was currently 25 years old too and he had cut his long hair after Frieda's birth.
.

Mikasa smiled as she saw her husband approaching her. "Darling."

Eren smiled as he stopped before them. "My love. When did you return?" He looked down at his sleeping youngest daughter and caressed her hair.

"Oh. Just 5 minutes ago." Mikasa replied.

Eren nodded, looking at Mikasa. "Did Faye cry to injection?"