Destiny Leading To Pain? (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

"Save your hero speech child. I've existed long enough to know when it's over." The lady spoken, floating through the empty space of whiteness.

"You still think that the universe really wants anything from any of us?" MK questioned her, as he looks at her from below.

"Don't you?"

MK rubbed his head, "I try not to think too hard."

"So it would seem."

MK's smile dropped and was briefly stuck in a deep thought. 

"Know this monkey," Lady Bone Demon appeared right next to him, "you and I are not so different. We both fight for what we think is right. That pursuit only leads to one thing." 

The two gazed into each other's eyes, with comprehension.

"Mm-hm. To destiny, right?" MK said with a serious face.

"No." LBD smiled but it quickly faded as her body was lifted up, she then says in sorrow, "to pain."

And that was the last time MK saw her.

. . .

[Present time]

MK's eyes opened.

That dream...

No.. It wasn't a dream..

It happened already.

Two months had past after they had defeated the greatest foe.

That last scene...

It keeps repeating in his mind, especially what she had said.

MK shook his head, but the thought creep up behind him.

'All of this goes down that road to suffering huh?'

He stood up and prepared himself. He has some noodles to deliver.

. . .

"MK! MK! MK!"

The monkie kid turned around to face a girl who took off his headphones.

"Oh, Bai He? Where have you been?" MK asked her, taking note that he haven't seen her for 3 weeks since she'd usually be visiting them in the noodle shop.

"Nowhere..." The girl spoken, looking quite nervous.

"Riiight..."

Suddenly, MK felt a presence.

One that was so familiar.

It was as though she was still there.

"Are you ok big bro MK?" Bai He glanced at him with concern.

"Yeah... I thought I.. Its probably nothing!" MK sheepishly said, yet he jerks his head as he looks around for something... or for someone.

Bai He's body flinches.

MK's eyes raised at her sudden motion.

"Did you see something Bai He?"

"N-no...W-why?" The girl's hands were sweating.

MK wasn't convinced.

Maybe she saw something... After all, she was once the lady's host.

"Bai He-"

"Greetings monkey," a familiar voice spoken, leaning close to his face from behind.

The Monkey King's successor's eyes widen in shock.

MK then pointed his finger at the woman, "LADY BO-" Bai He quickly covered MK's mouth, stopping him from uttering the name.

"Are u trying to get us into trouble?!" Bai He silently yelled into his ear.

"Sorry sorry!!" MK repeated until LBD had to shut him up.

Monkie Kid stared at the woman, she was wearing a jumper and a long skirt, but not long enough to cover her shoes.

"How...?"

"This was my form from another life, and no, I did not possess anyone." The lady answered his question.

"You last said to me that my pursuit will lead to pain."

The woman nodded, "I did. However, I have also learnt something important.."

She placed her palm on top of Bai He's head. 

"I have come to realize that I should try to live... on the moment."

Lady Bone Demon looked up to meet his gaze and smiled.

"I-"

"My lady!" A person cried. It was the (not) Mayor.

"I have been looking for you. I thought I lost you-" The man started backing out when he noticed MK, but Bai He grabbed his arm.

"Pa, MK knows." She said softly.

"Oh... Busted then?" The man chuckled.

The lady shook her head in disappointment and sighed.

"Monkie Kid, your journey to that path will get harder. You'll face stronger foes than before. You will lose people, gain new people, and it will hurt."

"But... You will just have to endure, won't you?" She glanced at him with a confidence look.

"I'm the Monkie Kid! I'll endure any challenges and complications there are!"

"Good. Farewell child."

"We're pretty real if you ask me." The (not) Mayor answered his thought.

"I'll see you tomorrow MK!" Bai He giggled.

After that meeting, MK felt his worries vanquish by a little...

He'll have to suffer more pain in the future, but he'll have everyone to laugh and enjoy the moment for now.

(I'm sorry but I somehow like the idea of LBD and the (not) Mayor being Bai He's parents! owo . Also, sorry for not updating much oneshots, I've been super busy lately TwT . I'll try to update more on the following even days if I could!)