Pretending To Be The Sun (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

(Just realized I haven't published anything. So this might come off confusing... D':  )

"A second felt like a minute.

A minute felt like an hour.

An hour felt like a day.

A day felt like a week.

A week felt like a month.

A month felt like a year.

A year felt like forever.

Time had always felt like a lifetime.

That's what the king had always thought.

The king was afraid that they don't have enough time left.

It was like time had moved so quickly, leaving the king behind and unable to catch up.

And so the king cherished every moment the king had spent together with his companions, especially with him... His beloved warrior.

They were suppose to enjoy the pleasure of life. Eating their favourite fruits together. Enjoying each other's company. Lastly, to be together until the end of the their lives on the mountain.

In the end, it wasn't the king that was left behind...

The sun and moon can never be together. They're separated by the long distance from one another, never touching each other.

The sun leads, while the moon follows.

Everyone loved the sun, and as for the moon, everyone was too tired from a long day to appreciate it.

One day, the sun walks away from the battle, whereas the moon never came out alive.

Or so the story says. 

The king didn't leave alive, and instead, it was the warrior who walked out alive from the battle. The king and the warrior had switched roles. From there on, the king we know now was the warrior and the warrior was the king."

The black-furred monkies stared at the story speaker.

"Then, the king (the former warrior) led a lonely life."

"Ahem." One of the listeners interupted him.

"What about us, Mac?" The raven haired girl stared deeply at the narrator (Mac) with the monkies following suit.

Mac sighed, "it all then changed when I had you lot. The End. Happy?"

"Happy," Mei chirped, giving him a hug. "You're not alone now... You got us, Dad."

"I know kid... I know..."

A sudden crash occured inches away from them, causing the poor monkies to flee in fear.

The two stood still, watching as the dust cleared up before Mac scolded the clumsy dragon boy.

"Sorry Macaque... I still haven't exactly gotten used to this form yet," he scratched his head after reverting back to his human form."

"C'mon Dad... That wall needed to disappear anyway. You know I remembereed you said this place needed some light." Mei quickly said.

Macaque pinched the bridge of his nose, "I guess I'll let this matter go. I swear, if you keep smashing into this place... I will-

Before he could continue his sentence, the two adolescents were almost exiting door.

"HEY!"

"Look MK and I would have love to stay and hear about how you're going to scold MK, buuut we kinda promised Baigu Furen that we'd pick up Bai He from school..."

"BYE MACAQUE!" The two yelled as they left in style, sort of. MK crashed down to the trees as a dragon, while Mei was flung away with the staff.

After he saw that the two recovered, Macaque returned inside and read another fairytale to the black monkies.

Zooming closer at the rock behind them, was a drawing.

One was the great sage, Macaque.

And the other seems to be smudged.

However, one might guess that it was...

The real Sun.

(To clear up any confusion as it is a confusing tell. Mei's a monkey and MK's a dragon here. Mac took Sun's position. Baigu Furen here owns a food restuarant, while Bai He's her kid. Please forgive me for not publishing much stories.)