Missed Call (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

"Hey this is MK, the Monkie Kid, hero of the city, the next Monkey King! Anyway, sorry I couldn't answer this. I'm kinda busy right now with alot of stuff. Please leave a message after the beep!"

...

A girl spoken over the phone, "hey MK, I hope you can hear this clearly... Can you please tell Red that I'm sorry?"

"He has already forgiven you.." The boy muttered.

"I-I really thought..." The female from the other end pause, as if they were hesitant to say something that they really shouldn't.

"It just surprised me. You. Red Boy- Red Son. Together."

"I know.." He softly chuckled.

"I'm happy for you. For the both of you!" She cheerful said, before going back to the unidentified tone.

"I like him too. Like like him... You knew didn't you? But you saw him first. This really sucks.."

"Mmhm,"

"I should be telling you this in person, but that means I'll be seeing you both. Why did I go overseas?" She muttered silently, but not that quiet, "I wished you had told me sooner."

"But you were too busy to answer my calls," MK stated the facts.

"I know that I've been a bad friend lately, and I'm sorry. I miss you..." Mei sobs.

The Monkie Kid gritted his teeth to stop something from falling, but he failed, "Me too, Mei-Mei... Me too..."

"I'm glad that you've swooned him. I don't think I could ever do it that fast... I never had a chance anyway. He was head over heels for you. The way he looks at you – he never does to me."

MK was silently now. After this, he was going to kill Red for that.

"Whatever your thinking right now, please don't do it. Well, I'm going to see you in a few days. You can tell me all about it. Love you, Mei out!"

"Love you too..." MK uttered after the voiced message ended.

He then broke down in tears.

Those were the last words he'll ever hear from her again.

She has arrived now. 

Just not alive.

He entered the room and saw everyone he knew. Everyone who knew her

His boyfriend came to comfort him.

MK looks at the picture. He should have answered it...

But it wouldn't make a difference. That car accident - she wasn't even driving.

He changed his mind, he won't kill anyone today. He's pretty sure she wouldn't want him to become like that.

Instead, he'll mourn for her death.

'I promised to love him as you would have loved him. And I'll always answer the call, no matter how busy I am.'

He got the boy, but at what price?

(Yep. Angst~~ Also, sorry for the late update! I know I usually upload oneshots in even days, but I'll make this an exception~ Be grateful guys. ^w^)