Torn Between Two People (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

(Hello! Target audience: male readers. But female readers can also read it too! Enjoy~~)

The moment he was imprisoned, you felt lost.

Without that golden winged eagle around, you lost all meaning to your life.

You remembered the conversation you both had before that day.

"Please don't go!" You clutched onto his arm.

"Y/N.. I have to. My sworn brothers are going, and so am I." He gently rubbed your hand that's holding him. "You know how important this is to us."

By 'us', he meant how important it is to him and those sworn brothers of his.

You tried to reason with him about the consequences if they fail, but he told you they will come back victorious.

With a quick long kiss, he grinned and left you.

And that was the last time you saw him... Since he never returned from the war.

You gave out a long sigh.

With him, nothing else mattered. He didn't care that he was in love with the same sex. He loved you as how he would love another person.

However, when reality hits you in the face. You were forced to live in the real world, not the one where you felt you were invincible. Or the one where you shared special moments with that golden winged eagle. The sweet blissful life that you'll never experience again...

You stared at the black suit hanging on the handle of your wardrobe.

You met a beautiful – wonderful woman who was able to fit most of that empty hole of your heart. You loved her so much that you forcefully brought yourself to propose to her. Your parents were delighted from that news. They were very supportive, in contrast to the relationship you once had with Peng.

The sound of flapping wings startled you. It was coming from your balcony.

Cautiously approaching the balcony, you slightly opened the door. The door then flung opened as the person landed.

The cold air reached your naked skin. Your heat skipped a beat.

The person standing on front of you...

Peng.

Suddenly everything was on slow motion. The world around you froze. Only you and him. Nothing else mattered.

Hundreds of years had passed, and he hadn't aged a day since he left.

You cursed the moonlight shining on him, creating a serene moment. Gosh, He's much handsome than you had remembered. His great feathered wings were tucked behind him, you recalled how sensitive they were and that when they came into contact with your bare hands – you had a brief sense of dominance.

He gave you his signature look, "Y/N,"

When he called your name, it gave you butterflies.

His eyes softened, "we won."

Nobody knew that different side of his, expect you.

Once upon a time ago, you would have been overjoyed, and jumped and hugged him. But instead, your whole body was stuck in one place.

His last two words brought back painful memories. If he hadn't gone, you wouldn't have gone through that sadness.

"It's been a long time," he uttered. Probably to himself than to you.

The two of you stood very still, worried that this surreal moment can disappear in a blink of an eye, and realized that it would all be a dream...

After his defeat, it took you some time to recover, you were once his and he was once yours. Now, something in his eyes tells you that he is still yours and you are still his.

The way your feelings came back for him as he did from the dead of your heart.

Xiu.

Your heart was torn between two people.

Her or Him.

You wished he had come back before you met Xiu.

His timing's pretty bad. Your wedding was tomorrow.

For now, the first thing you could say to him was:

"What the actual... fudge?!"

(This was requested by David3537501. They wanted a golden-winged eagle x gay! reader :3 . Yes, that's what they wanted - don't judge. Anyway, thank you David3537501 for the request! >w<)