Only Loving Him When His Gone (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

(Note: Y/N is Your Name. Target audience: Females. By the way, you're also a moth demon in this oneshot! :3)

You weren't prepared to see him to be in that position.

The feelings you once felt came rushing back.

Huh.

Maybe that's what it meant when you only loved something until it's gone.

In this case, it was you and him.

You reminisce of the previous days.

Every time you stare at the demon who was and is your husband. You sensed that he was not the demon you once loved.

You fiddled with your goblet, observing how the liquid moved from every side.

"I'm beginning to think this was a miscalculation of our plan."

You stopped and lifted your head to see the speaker.

"Ah. Are you having one of those days Tush-Tusk?"

Yellow Tusk sighed at your response, "Y/N, do you not think that we have won so easily?"

Your wings slightly flinched at the question. You knew Azure was struggling to control the Jade Emperor's power. You all underestimated it.

Before you could answer him, you were luckily saved by Peng who happen to enter the room.

"Hmph, I was expecting a little more pageantry once we were running the show," Peng looks at the room they were in, "turns out, Azure even trapped the cupbearers in the scroll."

The golden winged eagle took your flask.

"Hey!" You cried to at the drink thief.

"Pouring one's own drink does tend to dampen the mood," Peng sat down next to you.

"We are missing more than wait staff, brother. Look around. This is not the change we dreamt of," Yellow Tusk said with a rational tone.

"Oh, I don't know. A little bit of chaos might be good for the world." You giggled at Peng's remark.

You agreed, "indeed!"

"No more japes, Peng! Azure cannot control this power. He's tearing this world into pieces! I have done all I can to aid in containing it but when he loses his hold, and he will, there will be no hope for this world."'

Suddenly, the demon in their conversation stumbles in, leaning on the door frame.

"Y/N. Brothers," you saw the realm starting to crack, "it seems like an eternity since we feasted in these very halls together. To think that it was here that our friendship was first forged. Look at us now. We're going to do amazing things. I think that's a cause for a celebration!"

Once he sat down, the elephant spoke: "it's little to celebrate."

You turned your head at him, "Yellow Tusk-"

"It must be said! Azure, you cannot contain this power. As hollow as his rule was, we severely underestimated the Jade Emperor's Strength. We cannot right the wrongs of the world if there is no world left to save."

Your resolution begins to waver as you listened to what the elephant had said.

Azure slammed his fist on the table, startling you and the others. "Enough! You question me as I stand on the brink of this world's salvation?!"

He pulled out the Scroll of Memory, and pointed at the elephant. "You would still be locked away. Without me, you! You..." He slumps down on his chair with exhaustion, "I apologies. It's just... The Monkey King, the boy... They weigh on me."

"Darling, don't spare another thought on them. Let Wukong and his little friends play at being heroes-" You soon realized your mistake as his eyes flicked.

"Hold on. Wukong is alive?!"

"Well, yes. The boy and Macaque, they managed to release him," Peng said.

"Yes, yes, of course. How could I have not seen it sooner? Even now, the very thought of Wukong serves to impede my efforts. I will remain distracted from my task as long as he draws breath. I cannot remake this world until he has been removed from it." Azure said.

"There are more important tasks than settling grudges!" Yellow Tusk cried, still trying to bring rationality to the lion. But his efforts were worthless as it was dismissed.

"I did not sacrifice everything simply to be an idle deity. I will do what my predecessor would not," he draws out his sword, "I will strike the Monkey King down. Now!"

At once, he had teleported us to face Monkey King. Then we were all split up to fight the others.

Azure Vs Monkey King and his successor, MK.

Peng Vs Macaque and that dragon girl, Mei.

Yellow Tusk Vs the guy with glasses, Tang, the big blue guy, Sandy, and the pig guy, Pigsy.

And you, camouflage yourself with your wings as you watch them all battle.

Until the end, where you watched as your husband lose control of his power and the realm of this world begins to tear apart.

You watched him bring out his sword to undo everything he caused.

You watched him disintegrate.

You watched him smiled at you for the last time as the realm is piece back together.

"Y/N," Peng stares at you, waiting for your next response.

You nodded your head, "let's not keep them waiting any longer."

For a brief moment, Peng had a look you cannot decipher.

"Are you sure you want to proceed Y/N?" The figure asked.

"Yes."

"Good. You know that there's no turning back right?"

You grinned at the figure, "of course! I'll make those low lives pay!"

The gears of your revenge plan begins to turn.

(This was requested by ShiningAmbers. They wanted Azure x Moth demon female reader. And if it wasn't that obvious at the start, you, the reader, married Azure. ShiningAmbers THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REQUEST!! X3)