The Jade Hooded Girl (A Monkie Kid Oneshot)

(Missing out on april's update, made me realize that I haven't been making any oneshots lately. With the growing pressure on getting passing scores and upcoming assessments about what I have currently learnt this pass few months, there's the likelihood of a futher slow update. However, do not fret as I will do my best to atleast create one content to let you go by! >^< . Anyhow, Xiajiao = Mei. Xiaotian = MK. Just in case no one knows. ^w^ .)

Once upon a time, in a small village was a young maiden cloaked by her magnificent jade hood, as many were envy of her beauty, and was nearly loved by all. Especially by her great grandfather who has given her a hooded cloak of jade which suited her well.

One day, Xiaojiao was ordered by her parents to go to Pigsy's and fetch the food and drink for her sick great grandfather.

"We had heard from your mother that Ao Lie has fallen ill," spoken Xiaotian, her best friend gave her the basket containing the container which the noodles were kept warm and a bottle of medicine for the illness.

"Yes he has," replied Xiaojiao.

"Pigsy said it's on the house," said Xiaotian when Xiaojiao pulled out her bag of coins.

As the maiden headed outside, the wise scholar told her: "Xiaojiao, as you set out, walk nicely and quietly and do not run off the path, or you may fall and break the fragile bottle of medicine, and then Ao Lie will not heal quickly. Also, tell Ao Lie we said 'hi and hoped he gets well', before you do anything else."

"Don't worry Tang. I will take great care," said Xiaojiao, and smiled at him with reassurance.

Her great grandfather lived out in the woods, half a mile away from the village. Moments passed as the jade hooded girl entered the woods that a black furred wolf met her on her way. Macaque grinned, after all, he had heard the girl coming as he had a great sense of hearing. Unbeknownst to the fair maiden, the wolf was very hungry, staring at her with a wicked plan forming up his mind.

"Good day, Jade," said he.

Xiaojiao warily looks at the wolf, "thank you kindly, but I must hurry and I do not plan on having a conversation with a stranger."

"Macaque is my name. I have lived in the woods ever since I was born into this world. Now, I am no stranger. So please do tell as to why you are hurrying away so early, Jade?"

Xiaojiao sees the wolf as no threat, her wariness lessened.

"My name is not Jade, Macaque. It is Xiaojiao. I'm going to my great grandfather's house."

"Ah, Xiaojiao. What have you got inside your basket?"

"Warm noodles and a bottle of medicine. My poor sick great grandfather is to have something good, to make him stronger and be well from his illness."

The wolf's face softened, "may I ask where does your great grandfather live, Xiaojiao?"

She briefly faltered, asking herself whether she should tell him.

After a moment of silence had passed, Xiaojiao replied: "It is nearly a quarter of a mile farther on in the woods. His house stands under the large oak-trees where the nut-trees are just below. There are also snow white flowers growing at the side; you surely must know it. It is not quite hard to miss."

As the two walked side by side, the wolf noticed the serious and focus expression planted at the girl's face.

Macaque plucked out a purple flower from the ground and showed it to her, "see, Xiaojiao, how pretty this flower is – why do you not look round? Do you not hear how sweetly the little birds are singing? You seem to be grimly heading along the path as if you were going to school, whereas everything else out here in the woods is merry and lively."