- 4 -

«Felix?»

Hyunjin had been looking for the boy for a while, when he finally found him in his brothers' room, sorting through clothes.

«Your highness, what can I do for you?»

«Felix, please don't be like that.»

«Like what, your highness?»

«Use my name, for one. Please!»

«I have to get used to staying away from you, don't I? So no, I will not use your name, prince.»

«You hate her.»

«I hate the idea of her.»

«I get that. She does too.»

«What is that supposed to mean?!» Felix had turned and finally looked at the man he loved.

«She seemed to immediately see that I was in love with you, Felix. And she's okay with that.»

«What?»

«Yeah, that's what I thought too. But she is pretty special. She doesn't want to have a physical relationship with me or anyone for that. She says if she and I get married you and I have her blessing to be together.»

Felix furrowed his brow.

«That's not real.»

«Love...»

«Nobody is that selfless.»

«I don't think it's completely selfless, Felix. For some reason, she doesn't want to have a physical relations with anyone, so this helps her too.»

«She'll change her mind at some point, and then... who knows what she'll do.»

«I trust her.»

«You've only known her for a few days.»

«I know. Will you meet her? Please?» Hyunjin grabbed his hands and looked at him with the puppy dog eyes that Felix never could resist. He tried, though.

«No, I can't just talk to the princess.»

«She asked me if she could meet you. I said it was up to you, and she accepted that.»

«So if I say no, I'm an asshole.»

«No, Felix! Don't make it sound like we're ganging up on you. It's you and me who are a team. Not me and her. It's you that I love. I came to Astoria thinking I would find a way to not make this happen, but now I think that I'll do the opposite. For us. I'll marry her so that you and I can be together.»

Hyunjin pulled the crying boy into his arms, kissed his cheek, and just held him. He would hold him forever if Felix let him.

«I love you,» he whispered.

«I love you too, Hyunjin.»

«Your highness?» Hyunjin approached Ivy in the library after breakfast and she smiled at him.

«Yes, my prince?»

«Would you like to take a walk in the gardens with me?»

«Yes, of course.»

«Chances are we might run into someone there.»

«Oh! Someone I wanted to meet, perhaps?»

«Exactly, your highness.»

«Perfect!»

Soon they were walking side by side down one of the many paths of the vast garden. Guards were following them, but Ivy had told them to keep their distance as she wanted to talk with the prince in private. It made Hyunjin blush, the way she said «talk». The guards didn't even react, but Hyunjin could have sworn they were smiling on the inside, knowing their own princess and her personality rather well.

Felix was waiting on a bench behind some bushes, well hidden from view of those at the castle. When Ivy and Hyunjin arrived, he quickly rose and bowed deeply to the princess.

«Your highness, I would like to introduce you to Felix. Felix, this is princess Ivy.»

«You're even more beautiful up close,» Ivy said and had Felix blushing. «Oh my god, you're so cute!»

«Stop embarrassing him,» Hyunjin said with a smile and stepped closer to Felix. They didn't dare touch each other, but Ivy saw how they gravitated toward each other.

«I'm so glad to meet you,» Ivy continued. «I hope to get to know you a lot better. I hope prince Hyunjin has told you... everything, so that you know that... I will not take him from you. Not in an emotional way at least. He loves you, and only you. I know that for a fact already.»

«And I love him, your highness.»

«I'm always rooting for love,» Ivy smiled.

Felix was surprised to see the princess had tears in her eyes at this point. This beautiful woman, only a year or two older than him, was so mature, yet playful and sincere. She was a mixture of so many good things, and it made him confused.

«I know,» she said and grabbed Felix and Hyunjins hands. «But we can figure this out, can't we? It might not be easy, but... we can do it.»

«Seonghwa wants me to invite you to come to stay in Choi with us for a while before we get engaged so that you'll get to make up your mind properly.»

«Oh, that sounds a little scary,» she chuckled. «But I'll do it, of course.»