- 5 -

Ivy was trembling with anger standing in front of her father.

«No, you are not bringing a personal servant on this trip. You'll be gone too long, and Yunho has other duties as well. As far as I know, he is also married, right? So he won't be wanting to leave for so long.»

«Yunho's husband is in charge of the guard force that will follow me, father,» Ivy said, trying to stay calm. «And I need him. I really need him, father.»

«You can dress on your own, sweetheart, what is the big deal.»

«Have you ever tried to put on one of these dresses? It's not possible to do alone! They are not made for me to put on by myself!»

«Then bring some less fancy ones that you can manage.»

«I don't have any! Unless you want me walking around in Choi wearing nightgowns, I need Yunho there to help me.»

«There are plenty of maids in Choi, you'll get all the help you need, I'm sure.»

«Father!»

«Ivy, stop it, you're acting like a child!»

«I am not acting like a child! I am acting like me! I know I sound spoiled, but I cannot have anyone else looking at me. I'm broken! Don't you understand?! This is the only way! I am not leaving without Yunho. I can't do this on my own, why don't you understand that?!»

Ivy ran out of the room sobbing. She passed several people on her way to her room, including a surprised royal family from Choi. Hyunjin seemed shocked to see the girl he was about to get engaged to crying like this, almost like a child, but king Seonghwa just walked on, into the room where the king of Astoria sat with a few of his advisors.

«Is there a problem, your highness?» king Seonghwa asked.

«Oh no, no problem, king Seonghwa. My daughter just has some ideas I cannot get out of her head, it's no big deal.»

«Are you sure? We would like to make this travel easy on her, not hard.»

«She wants to bring her personal servant, but I told her no as he has other duties, and it's a little lavish to have a personal servant around all the time.»

«I'm sure it'll feel good for her to have someone she knows on the trip,» king Seonghwa said, being the diplomat he always was. «And it is no trouble for us, we have room for her.»

«She has a male personal servant,» the king said. «A gay male servant,» he added when he saw Seonghwa pause.

«Ah. Well, he is welcome to join us. Are you able to spare him while Ivy is gone?»

«I suppose,» the king said, realizing that Seonghwa was talking him into the opposite of what he had just told Ivy. «If you're sure it's no hassle, and you won't think badly of my daughter for needing her servant.»

«We could never think badly of the princess, she has already made a deep impact on our entire family.»

Ivy's father smiled, he was grateful to see that they actually seemed to love her, as they should. Ivy was the light of his life, and he didn't want to see her go, but she shouldn't sit in this castle and waste away. He had to let his little girl grow up.

«Well, then Ivy may bring Yunho.»

«Thank you, your majesty. Prince Hyunjin, why don't you go tell Ivy the news, and let her know that we leave after breakfast in the morning?»

«Yes, your majesty, I will,» Hyunjin said and left the room.

Hyunjin knocked softly on her door, and when he heard nothing, he went in. He was her future husband, he could do so, he felt.

«Leave me alone,» he heard from the bed.

«I will not leave you alone, princess,» Hyunjin said and went closer.

«I don't want you to see me like this.»

«Am I not your future husband? I should be allowed to comfort you, right?»

«Stop it.»

«Your father has changed his mind about your servant.»

She quickly sat up and turned towards him. His heart broke at the sight of her tear stained face.

«Really?»

«Yes, Yunho may go with you.»

«Oh, thank you, Hyunjin!» she cried and soon hugged him.

Surprised it took him a few seconds to understand. Then he carefully hugged her back, until she pulled away. He didn't say anything about the fact that it was Seonghwa who had made this happen, not him.

«Will you tell me why you need Yunho to come? So badly?»

«Not right now,» she said. «Can you forgive me?»

«It's okay, you don't need to tell me.»

«I just really need his help,» she said, drying her tears.

«And he'll be there with you.»

«Thank you.»

«Will you have a good time with us? Can you enjoy this trip?»

«Yes, absolutely. I'm looking forward to it.»

«Me too. Don't be sad, okay? We're leaving after breakfast tomorrow.»

«I'll be ready.»